January 29, 2013

Bear With Me.

 It's almost going to be Thursday again and I haven't blogged since last Thursday! This is no good.
But this is how it is. I'm taking far too many classes, and I don't know far too many things. But it'll be ok. I think. Just.. don't ever let me take 16 semester hours again? Ok? Or seven classes. Whichever. Anyways, I'll be back more regularly sometime soon.. like .. April .. after I finish school. Hehe. But for now, please bear with me, don't leeeaveee meee! 

Is it any surprise? Le wet weather.. So much of it, supposed to be a sunny weekend though! 
I'll keep my hopes up.
I'm finally feeling like the foreigner I am..
I'm pretty sure I will fail History. I've given up wanting to do well in it. I just want to pass.
It's taught more as a "theoretical" history class, but that gets really complicated when you have no solid background to it. I've never been taught Canadian history. Things the Proff takes for granted that I know, I've never heard of. This will be interesting.
Has anyone read this book? Has anyone ever read anything by Flannery O'Connor? 
She is my Proff's favorite so I never say anything in class, but this is my space so.. O'Connor freaks me out. I don't particularly enjoy her writing, no matter how good it may be, but hey, it's a matter of taste and it was fast reading. So, just asking if you've read it.
 We have the absolute nicest neighbors! Many of them have been coming over once in a while to introduce themselves and welcome us to the community. This week a lady from around the corner came and brought flowers. Our new neighborhood is pretty wonderful. (:

11 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. It is funny, I was wondering if I should sign up for February as I missed so many days in January. When I read your post all I could think was no problem, of course I will stick with you.
    It always seems much worse when it ourselves. Best wishes with the History.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rennata is right,we are our own worst critics. Hang in there and don't worry, we will be here whenever you find the time for a post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely understandable that you will be away but we will be here when you return. :) Good luck with all of those classes! I haven't read anything by Flannery O'Connor - that I can remember but it really does suck when you have to read an author you don't like.. I remember having to do that too.. :( Your neighbors sound pretty awesome and I'm sure you will learn all you ever wanted to or needed to learn about Canada very soon. We're very close to Canada and I love taking trips there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 16 hours is crazy!!! Good luck! And I love that your neighbors are saying welcome! I wish more people still did that, I always thought that was really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Flannery O'Connor and studied her extensively in college and undergrad. Feel free to email me and ask me anything! I ADORE her! She's a rough gal to love at first, but once you do, it's for life. :-)

    Best of luck with history. I was a History Major in college but know nothing about Canadian history. I can sing the Canadian national anthem though, so that should count for something, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny, how we're all feeling a bit overwhelmed in the last week of January. I chalk it up to the winter doldrums. No matter where you are (unless you live in the tropics) then the end of January is a dull time.

    we'll all stick with this game called life and blogging is a part of it... ta-daa, we are learning as we go!

    pouring another cuppa tea and considering studying Canadian History ... how can it be much different than US History? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. No I haven't read Flannery O'Connor but now I am curious. I especailly love your window and tea pictures : )

    No worries about not posting. I am sure it means you are really engaged in school and that is great! We'll be here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stop by and update us on your progress when you can. We will be cheering you on in the background in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy busy bee! I completely relate! Good luck with your studies, I'm glad your neighbours are awesome and Tidbit Thursday is nearly here (I'll bring the cupcakes!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'll always be here! I have vague recollections of Flannery O'Connor (Irish Catholic, southern writer? Something-something Must Converge?). I think her Catholicism played a big role in her writing. Crap, I'm old and can't remember stuff anymore. Wanna trade? ENJOY EVERY MOMENT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That you are remembering to show up here at all is pretty miraculous, Larissa, with everything that's going on in your real world life. Fortunately, you have lots of patient fans/friends here in our little bloggy corner of the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics