September 28, 2011

'Tis the Season.

It was the beginning of September and I was singing Christmas carols. Everything from Dean Martin, Mariah Carey, and Handel to the Reformation Hymnal. I washed the dishes, to Christmas carols. And frankly I was looking to the skies and begging for snow. Yes, I know, I'm a little early. So I've been told it's not yet, Christmas Season, it happens to be, however, the end of Wedding Season. Which, of course, brings to my mind a certain wedding that took place on March 11 of 1990.
 These two kids, see, got married at the ripe old ages of twenty and nineteen, thus beginning a journey together. A journey that has lasted through thick and thin over a span of, so far, twenty-one years and will last for many more. A journey that has resulted in a family, which I can only describe as perfect.
He was her first boyfriend. She was his first girlfriend. They met, they corresponded, they dated, they became engaged, they got married. I describe it as a fairytale, they describe it as pure blessing and Providence.

                                                                The Civil Wedding.


                                                          Wedding Invitations. 

At the church. And I won't go into the blue suit or the puffy sleeve details. After all it was the early nineties!

            The ceremony was held by Bro. Davi P. Silva at my mother's childhood church in Sorocaba.


                                                                I think, they were happy.

            
                                                   Aaand, they live happily ever after.
                                       

And that was it, and that was all. For now anyways because as soon as their twenty-fifth anniversary rolls around I'll be planning. Oh, and let's just say there won't be any puffy sleeves or blue suits...

3 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Thanks for sharing these precious family photos. Your parents are so cute! It just so happens that we went to a wedding that same spring (May 1990, to be exact) in Puslinch (since Toronto Church was still being built) and it was also of a young couple about the exact same ages that your parents were, and that would be Liz & Miroslav! Your mom has the cutest smile in one of the above pictures. May God continue to bless your family always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jasmine! I didn't know that! It's pretty cool and I admire them so much. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A segunda foto de cima pra baixo, que sua mãe está sorrindo, é a cara do Vih :D

    vsgessner

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics