November 12, 2011

Stench in the Water Tank.

This story was dictated to me by my mother...meaning this happened to us. To me, to my parents. *shudders* 
“They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Mark 16:18 
  Around the year 1997 my husband, our three year old daughter, my father, and I went to visit our church in Campo Grande, MS, Brazil, where we spent a lovely weekend. From there we and the brethren in whose house we were staying, traveled on to Bonito where we had some visits to make. About three hours away from Campo Grande, Bonito is aptly described by its name which means, beautiful. It’s a touristic city with crystal clear waters, plenty of wildlife, and a very scenic location.
 We spent two days there in which we saw monkeys, toucans, fish, among other animals. The trip back was a long, hot, and dusty one. We were anxious to arrive at the home where we were staying, where we could take a cool refreshing shower. When we finally did arrive, my husband drank a glass of water and went to take a shower. Meanwhile, we noticed an unpleasant odour permeating through the house.
 When my husband finished showering, my daughter and I went in to take a shower as well. But the stench continued spreading and was getting worse and worse. The owners of the house tried to figure out where the smell was coming from, and finally suspected that the water was what was smelling so terribly. The brother decided to climb up on the roof, and look inside the house’s water tank. To his surprise, inside the container was a rotting dead mouse! That’s where the awful smell was coming from! My daughter and I were just finishing our shower, but had to wait until water from a different tap was brought for us to rinse ourselves from that horrible water.
 That was one unpleasant experience, especially for my husband who had drank a whole glass of that water. But thank God we had no problems other than extreme horror and disgust, for we were sure that the promise of Mark 16:18 “…and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;” was fulfilled that day.

Cows in the street.
 Public pay phone with a creative twist!

In front of the church. Viviane, Mom, Dad, Me! with Gisele, and Grandpa.

0 Wonderful people made my day!:

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics