December 30, 2011

Humor Me Friday & The Gift of You.

I keep forgetting, that on weekends I already have post topics. (Humor Me Fridays, and Saturday Devotionals) So technically I should have written this post yesterday, but I forgot, so I'm posting it today, along with a Humor Me Friday video.

If there is one gift, that December has given me, it is all of you. Increased readership, comments, and members. Melissa, from BlogHer, wrote a post on The Gift of Comments in November. Oh how true the words!
When I began blogging, I had no idea what blogs were, what purpose they served, or where I was headed. I simply had things from daily life I wanted to share, and I realized FaceBook wasn't the place to do so, Twitter much less. So I began a blog. I began with small quotes from around the house, little "pearls" as we call them. Then I realized I had room for more than just quotes, so I began to increase the content, adding photos, and on it went.
I never payed any attention to stats, comments were far apart and few in number, mostly by friends who were nice enough to pay me a visit. Then, in the last few weeks of October, I came across BlogHer. And that's where it all began. NaBloPoMo in November brought to surface the geekyness in me. And got me hooked on writing daily.
In two months of daily writing, I met wonderful people, came across gorgeous blogs, and all of it inspired me. I focused on blog design a little, I tried to "up" the blog content, and then..magic happened. Little by little, our "members" increased from nine, to twenty-three.
When I sign in to blogger in the morning, and go to the posts page, every single post has at least one comment, and for this, I can't thank you enough. I know, I'm coming across as the desperate girlfriend, comment hogger, but truth is, we will all blog.for.comments. What would the blogging world be with silence and no feedback? Don't answer that. I'm sure we've all experienced it. In the beginning. Do you remember?
I am so terribly grateful for all of you who keep coming back, day after day, and leaving your wonderful comments on my little blurbs. I love how I began to recognize names on the December Soup list. And then started recognizing blogs, names, and commentators. We've formed a little support group I'd say, and I'm loving being included. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
I treasure each of you, your posts, blogs, and comments. And as the 2012 comes in, I wish to all of you many many comments, wonderful blog posts, loyal followers and members, strength to keep going, loads of creative juices, and blog fun!
Happy Friday everyone! Two-thousand and twelve, better watch out for us! We'll be blogging it all away! (Can you believe it's just two days away? Still giving the the butterflies!)


I assure you, my happy dance is nothing like this. Had you seen this video before? What would you do if you were iceskating, and this happened?!
Happy Friday Y'all!~*

 

10 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Are you kidding me!!! that is amazing and ouch!!! Also I couldn't agree with you more about Nablopomo & Blogher! I got started on my blog for the same reasons are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think non bloggers quite know how much comments mean to us. It is nice to see stats but if you see a comment, you know they stayed a bit and either liked or had an opinion on what you wrote.

    I'll be honest I went in wanting a ton of traffic :-) Not for fame, not for money but because I love to entertain and show people pretty things. The pure satisfaction of bringing a smile to someone's face. Blogging is also just a huge creative outlet for me. I shop so much less now because I get it out of my system on the blog. It's closed what felt like a big huge whole in my life. I have a very noncreative day job so I needed something...


    Have a happy Friday Larissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree- comments are gifts. BlogHer has definitely changed my blog and my readership. I, too, love the little community we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me some time to figure out that people don't just happen upon your blog, you have to meet them half-way. It has been a TREMENDOUS revelation that really inspires me. So much creativity and fun on blogs. I love reading them and seeing what people have to share.

    Speaking of....I am SO GLAD I did Blogher these last two months and met you! Really, truly a very big blessing.

    This VIDEO? OMG! How did he do that? This made me laugh and laugh. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait- was this my post? No, really, right down to the timing. I forget exactly how I found your blog, Larissa (or did you find mine?) but I'm so glad I did!

    Love the video:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann - I have no idea how that guy did that. I thought it was amazing. True, NaBloPoMo helped each of us I'm sure. (:

    Tania - So true! It's nice to see someone had something to say about what I wrote. And the creative outlet is essential.

    Jewels - I'm glad I found BlogHer, and through her, all of you.

    Angelia - Thanks Angie (': So glad I got to meet you too. I love your posts, always bringing a smile to my face. Glad you liked the video, and I have NO clue how he did that. I thought it was pretty awesome!

    cdnkaro - Haha! Glad you could identify! I think...we found each other, somehow. I'm glad we did, too. That guy is pretty darn good isn't he!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are welcome! Thanks for being part of my community :] I read in a post that comments are like cupcakes, they are snipets of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that post about cupcake comments as well. Thank you Carolina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto, ditto, ditto--your post and the comments as well...This has really been a great couple of months in my little bloggy world and I'm really looking forward to the future.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics