December 11, 2011

Papa is a Preacher's First Blog Award.

I am excited! Last night I was pleasantly surprised by Gillian over at The Greener Bean. She awarded Papa is a Preacher its very first award! So without further ado, let's get to it:

The award presented was: The Versatile Blogger award:

So now what? Well now the award receiver must,
  • Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
  • Share 7 random things about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 fellow bloggers and let them know about it!
  • Add the award pic to your blog post. 
I've already thanked Gillian a thousand times, but I'd like to thank her again for making me feel special *tears up* And if you haven't already, go check her blog out! It's inspiring. She lives in NYC and is attempting to live healthy while doing so! Yep, she's awesome.

Now onto my seven randomness:
  1. I actually don't mind moving so much. I guess while growing up it was really annoying and unsettling, but honestly I'm kind of to the point where I can't imagine living in one place for the rest of my life. I could probably force myself into settling, but I really don't mind not having to.
  2. I love reading. If I have free time (that means time to read anything other than school assigned literature), you will probably find me huddled in a corner with a Jane Austen in my hands.
  3. I'm horrible because I have introduced a number of people to the addicting Pinterest, and Stumble Upon. Yes, I fear my judgment sentence.
  4. I might seem very talkative and open online, but in reality I'm quite shy. I won't talk to you unless you talk to me first, horrible I know. Oftentimes people think I'm stuck up because of that. Bleh!
  5. I wiggle when I'm happy. Yes, like a little Lab puppy, except a bit less energetic. So when I get comments or awards, I get all happy and squirm excitedly.
  6. I am positively horrible at math. And that's not an exaggeration. I kill myself in order to not flunk. It's gruesome.
  7. By the time I was fifteen I had lived in three different countries. Each for exactly five years, so my life was divided into three different periods of fives. Each period in a different country. And um, I sorta, kinda,think that's cool.
    Well, that was easier than I thought it wold be. Now onto the interesting part:
The bloggers I nominate for this award are:
*sighs* Where is the drum roll? Let's try it again.
The bloggers I nominate, in the most randomest order,  for the Versatile blogger award are *drum roll* :
  1. Natalie over at Natti's Space. She's only currently begun her journey into the blogging world. She blogs about Modest Fashion with a Modern twist. She also includes plenty of really good fashion tips.
  2. Kassie from A Life List. Agh, seriously? The idea to make a blog to chronicle your adventures while checking off your Bucket List? Absolutely ingeniously brilliant! 
  3.  Tiffanie at Corner Blog. Because her kids are adorable, she makes beautiful Christmas cards, and she takes time for her kids. And that my friends, puts her pretty high on my list.
  4. S. Strauss from Periphery. Because she makes me smile with her posts, and makes me squirm with happiness every time she comments on one of mine. 
  5. Shelby from Every Little Blessing. I love her blog, her photos, her family is adorable, and I can't wait to continue reading her posts. And she's always passing by Papa is a Preacher and leaving me comments. Which is so so very amazing of her.
  6. Burgmom who writes Taleof2Burgs because she has four kids, and two dogs, and still manages to blog.
  7. Caitlin the inspiring person behind Onward Full Tilt. I love the way she writes, and she inspired my "Letter's to 16 year-old me" post.
  8. Anna from ClassicsForever. If you love classic black and whites, that's where to go folks!
  9. cdnkaro writer of Four under 4(Plus two). I admire her ability to speak six languages. She's French-Canadian, and frankly her posts often make me laugh.
  10. Ginger LaRue from Ginger Doodles. I've only recently begun following her. She likes "the Peanuts" and is a red head, that's enough awesomeness for one person. 
  11. Apathetic ~ for my occasional dose of eye candy (think clothes darlings, clothes)
  12. Carolina from SewCarolinaKnits. She knits such pretty scarves! Check them out.
  13. Brenda Steven who keeps Raised Eyes filled with beautiful nature photos.
  14. The Blog Freaks From the Hills. They homeschool their children, and she too is a fellow "NaBloPoMo-er".
  15. Tania the ever creative writer of Maui Shop Girl. Life in Maui, plus fashion, plus everything in between. Love it. Not to mention all the comment love she spread around the blogging community. Thanks Tania.
That was it and that was that folks. I hope y'all enjoy checking out these blogs, and have a wonderful Sunday. ~*


12 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. wow thank you so much! this is so awesome :-) xx natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve! Those photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! My first blog award, awesome!
    (sewcarolinaknits)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so nice, thank you. I'm truly touched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larissa, thank you SO much. Oh my goodness :) Eeeeh! My very first blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome guys! :D
    I really enjoy all of your blogs, it was my first award as well so I understand the excitement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much, SL. What a thrill! I hope to get to paying this forward this week, or sometime very soon after!

    Have you blogged about moving around so often? I would love to hear about how that affected you, if it was positive/negative, how it carried into your adult life. Might happen to my kids in the next few years.

    Merry merry! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so so much for your kind words and the shout out. I will share some bloggy love but maybe later this week as I have some posts lined up for the next few days.

    Have a wonderful week! I'd love to hear more about your experiences living in different places also. Was your father a preacher or is your husband? I was wondering if that had something to do with moving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiffanie:
    We move around a lot because of my father's job. Thank you so much for the idea of a blog post on that topic, I'll definitely write about it soon. Today's introduction post has a little mention on what I think about moving around so often, but not as much as I could have said. I'll write more about it sometime soon.

    Tania: My father is a preacher currently, and I've done a few posts on his trips. I've also done a few posts on the trip we took to Europe this past summer accompanying him on a business trip. We're moving again in a couple months, so there will definitely be a few posts on that coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thank you for the kind words, Larissa! You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I didn't see this before Larissa! Thank you so much though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. thegreenerbean - :D Thank you!

    Anna - You're welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics