December 22, 2011

Randomness Galore.

I just accidentally figured out how to make this symbol --> † Instead of pressing command + T I accidentally pressed option + T, and this was the result †††††. Now I've found out every letter does something ... lame, and old, but I just figured it out so I'm pretty excited.
The above paragraph was absolutely random, just as today's post will be. While I was doing the ChildHood series, a bunch of things came to mind for me to write about. I became cranky because I was limited to one topic. So I jotted all my thoughts down and decided I should be happy because this "creative overflow" just guaranteed posts for the rest of the month.
The thing is, I'm generally a very organized person, to a fault even. But when it comes to writing, I'm hopelessly unorganized. I have jotted down thoughts on tissues, cellphone notepads, notecards, math textbooks, or worse- on the infamous scrap sheet of loose paper. Which is precisely where I wrote down the list of future posts. I can't find it today. So instead I'm posting a few random tidbits of life.



This year, Victor and I have attempted to make our first ever, gingerbread house. I had always thought gingerbread houses were cute, adorable, and fun, but I had never had the chance to make one. So this year, on our way back from Seattle, Victor and I bought a gingerbread house. The Kid kept bugging me the whole week to put it together, so we did eventually.


Ginge- the gingerbread boy. 


We began the process on the kitchen table ... It all resulted in such a sticky, gooey, beautiful mess. I'm not exactly a pro with the icing. So um, it sort of, kind of, stuck. Everywhere.


But we got the icing to look like little icicles. And of this, we are proud! 

                           

 Ok, so it's not perfect. The Christmas tree, nor Ginge can stand up on their own... And in the end there was icing all over the table, my hands, and at least two spoons, a spatula, and a knife. But we had fun, and for starters ... I'd say it's not that bad. It's cute!


We got a Christmas card from school this week. It was the first one we've ever received, (I believe it's a recent addition), but it was all pretty exciting. Victor and I "checked off" all the teachers we've already had, and peered curiously at the ones we'll be having next year. We missed a few ... Especially Mrs. Schmuck, my favorite "English teacher". She passed away this year. I had hopes of meeting her one day when I graduated, but unfortunately that's not to be.


My brother wants to be a Chemist. Have I mentioned that already? I've told him he then needs to become a Chemical Engineer. He shrugs. I know, all he really wants is to wear a white lab coat and make things go "KA-BOOM". In order to get him going, we've begun a series of science experiments. I bought him a science project book last year for his birthday, (from one nerd to her brother), and this year I've assigned him one experiment per day. He does his experiment, and then he rights down a description of the chosen experiment, as well as his observations. Let's see how this goes. Hopefully I'll get some cool results to share on here as well.



The End! If you'd like, I invite you to peek into a few earlier posts ... all the way to oh ... let's say ... February? Happy Randomness Day!

5 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. So many things I like here...

    Thanks for the tip on home to make a cross.

    Love the icicles on the gingerbread house & Ginges smile!

    & you are such a good sister setting your brother up with this science notebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demais a casinha de gengibre!! ((É gengibre neh? =p)Quero mesmo ficar sabendo mais sobre os experiências na Quimica com o Vih...

    V...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute gingerbread house! Looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the house. And I can totally identify with how excited you were about figuring out how to make the little symbol. I was ecstatic last month when I figured out how to do real footnotes in a post. I'm such a geek. It's nice to know I have such nice geeky company.

    I have been crazy busy with the holidays at work and at home but I am looking forward to getting caught up on your childhood posts when things calm down a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann: Thank you, the icicles were all actually made by accident, but it was a pleasant accident. I will definitely tell him you said that, and of course, remind him every time he complains. :P

    Vini: Thank you! Sim, Gingibre (:

    Carolina: Thanks! Ginge is already gone ... someone (Victor) caught him, and ate the poor creature.

    Masked Mom: Thank you! Yep, you have very geeky company. Real footnotes?! HOW?!
    Yes, I know it was somewhat of a icky time to start a series, but I decided to give it a go anyways. They'll be here when the season of business is over. :D

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics