December 12, 2011

Why, Hello There.

 I love English customs and etiquette in general so I have just been appalled at myself for not having introduced myself to you! Oh sure, there's the Our Story Post, but does that really count as a formal introduction? I do fear that my Homemaking teacher would disagree. So, if you'd please, sit and make yourself quite comfortable, I will introduce myself, and everyone this blog is about, to you.

I'm Larissa T. I'm a Preacher's daughter, a sister, a friend, a blogger at Papa is a Preacher, and a homeschooler who's finishing up high school, you can read 'bout that here. I'm currently pursuing my degree in Communications, specifically the Professional Writing Stream. I talk a lot, so I thought I'd better learn how to communicate with others so all my talking doesn't go to waste.
This, is me:

I've been called, silly, punk, nerd, dork, weird, and I unfortunately can't prove these terms wrong. I sing horribly, but I sing anyways. I bake, I write, I photograph, I travel, I love animals, I love Vintage, I move around a lot, and then I blog all about it. I love God. My Blog has no intention to push religion down your throat, but to show you that if you're not best friends with God yet, you're missing out. I hate misspellings, especially when I find it in my writing. I'm a grammar freak, and literature lover. I mimic foreign accents, and pretend to be British.

This is Victor, also known as the Kid, Child, Pooruruco, or anything else that comes to my mind:


 He's my little Brother. This kid is seriously amazing. If I had to chose a preteen to admire, this would be the one. He's a little smarty-pants genius, who's the reason I started this blog. To document his "witty" sayings, which then evolved into blog posts about our daily life. He's incredibly patient with his older sister who nags on him in huge amounts. He knows it's because she loves him to death. I always push him to the furthest I believe he can go, he doesn't complain, but complies. He's loving, gentle, unbearably annoying, and irreplaceable. I can't stand him anymore than I can live without him. He loves Legos, science experiments, games, and swimming.

This is the Preacher, also known as my father, also known as Eli T:

He's a minister for our church, he's a preacher, a father, a husband, a role model, my mentor, my friend, my daddy. He's also the Secretary for our church Headquarters, which means he has a lot of responsibility, and occasionally travels for his job. This man is amazing. I admire/love him to death. Yes, he's still my hero and forever will be. Amen. Oh, and face it. He's just way handsome! He likes to cook, to spend time with his family, and to read and study. You can read more about him here.

This is the Preacher's wife, also known as my mother, also known as Lazara T:
 This woman too is amazing. She's my mother, but we're more like best friends, except when she's lecturing me about going over the speed limit, then she's quite mother-ish. We watch reruns of Sullivan entertainment series then cry and share a tissue box. She's my constant companion, she's sweet, caring, and I admire her more than words can say. She loves tulips, reading, crafts, and cooking. You can read more about her here.

Edited to add:

Oh yeah, so you might also want to know this good-looking' boy.

This is the Preacher's Daughter's Boyfriend, also known as my boy, also known as Vinicius (Vinny) G:
He's my Boy, my best-friend, my cutie-patootie, my sweetie-pie, my honey bunch and other names equally as embarrassing but I use in public anyway. He's currently living in Brazil where he works in our church studio and studies Linguistics full time. You can read more about us here.


These are the main protagonists of the blog Papa is a Preacher.We're quite a weird lot, but we love each other, have faith in God, and we're pretty sure the more you read, the more you'll like us! Stick around!
 
P.S. Make my day by following and/or commenting!

12 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. How nice with an introduction of yourself and your family!! And, it's wonderful to see a young girl describe her little brother so nicely. Most of the times girls seem to think little brothers are annoying. I love to see how proud you are of him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much Susi! Yeah, I love the little thing. In fact I don't know what I'd do without him. Thanks so much for passing by and spreading the comment love Susi. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family sounds wonderful! I love when family members see the best in one another, rather than nitpicking the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Word Nerd.
    I think they really are wonderful and great, but ... I might be a little biased. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're mom looks so young. What a beautiful family. I'm always impressed by anyone who isn't afraid to talk about their beliefs, especially a young person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jewels!
    I also think she's beautiful. And they are young. ..in comparison I suppose. They started a family early. (: For which I am grateful.
    Thank you, it's great to get positive feedback when I do speak of my beliefs. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larissa, I loved reading about you and your family! I agree with Jewels -your mother looks so so young! by the way, my father-in-law taught communications at Washington State University for 35 years, and I have a brother-in-law who teaches communications at Brigham Young University, and another brother-in-law who teaches communications at Southern Utah University - - - so I think you picked a great field to study!!!

    I also think it's so important to stand up for what you believe in and not be afraid to talk about it - - you are a great role model for young people - - and old people, like me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's wonderful! Would you mind if I ever picked your brain for tidbits of info on Communications sometime?

      Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot.

      Delete
  8. Reading this late, linked from your Project Interview post in the past couple of days. What a great way to introduce yourself. I like it! And it's nice to officially meet you all. I'm starting to hang around here a lot, so we'll get to know each other well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank MHalf. (:

      We're loving the attention!

      Delete
  9. I love it! I like hearing people describe themselves, and seeing if it matches up to what you imagine them to be like in you head! Also I have an obsession with English culture too! Downton Abbey and Doctor Who are two TV shows I never miss! I also love accents so I'm glad I have a fellow enthusiast!
    I have Dyslexia so grammar and spelling are the worst for me! So if you see something that make you wince on my blog feel free to correct me! I'll take constructive criticism! :)
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so Amazing!
    I enjoy reading your blog and everything is said with grace!
    I enjoy wrtng but dont ask me to spell .. However I have eight games of Words with friends going on my Android phone right now...
    But I must say God has EXCITING things for you in 2013 *** Rock on !!!!
    Everythng is done for the purpose of the KING!
    You fit the plan perfectly... peace out .. Dolores

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics