January 31, 2012

Doe, A Deer, A Female Deer.

Ever since the first few times I watched "The Sound of Music" as a child, I admired the creativity of that song. Do, Re, Mi. (<- That link is very much worth clicking.) Growing up in a Brazilian home, I was somewhat familiar to the DoReMi concept of music, and this song just helped embed it into my mind.

Yes, I had dreams of picnics in mountains, wearing clothes made from green drapes, surrounded by the six brothers and sisters I'd never have, magically singing the song perfectly on the first try, with a guitar that continued producing music of various instruments even after Julie Andrews had stopped strumming it.

What does this have to do with today's event? Not much. I was scrapbooking [Great way to feel productive while actually procrastinating], minding my own business, when mother calls out to the household, that there are deer outside.

In Toronto, the backyard was separated from miles of Provincial park only by a fence. The deer that lived in the urban forest, had no trouble leaping over the fence to get into our garden, my mother's tulips, etc. Therefore it was no strange sight to see them gracefully sauntering amidst the pine trees.

Here in Abbotsford, we have no idea where they come from. But they're here.






Agh! They're so cute I want to squeeze the fawns!

Anyways, that's what happened today. I've been pouring over text books lately. [And scrapbooks when texts become too much.] But I'll be back next week with better posts. I hope.
 

8 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Where I live, I probably average 20 to 30 sightings per week (often of more than one deer at a time), and I'm still always a little tickled to see them--though I haven't had to contend with them munching on my shrubbery or other garden plants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a lot of deer! You probably have to keep your eyes wide open while driving huh! Yep. Know what that's like. Mother hated it when they ate her tulips in the spring.

      Delete
  2. Our first place (a condo in the middle of a big city) backed onto a tiny green space with a few trees, and we could sit on our balcony first thing in the morning, watching the dear. This teeny forest (more like shrubbery) was seriously in the middle of the city- no idea where they came from. But I loved it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know where they come from, but I love it that they're here.

      Delete
  3. In the light of day, deer are kind of cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Michelle! I just remembered your deer post. I had a glass window between me and them. And they're afraid of us, if we move even behind the glass window, they run off.

      Delete
  4. Wow, nice pictures! I loved the movie. I've never actually seen a deer in person but here in Alaska we get moose in our yard sometimes. They are bigger and a bit intimidating. I love them though. The deer are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. (: You live in Alaska? That's so cool! I've always wanted to catch a glimpse of moose, but I haven't yet. Someday.

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics