January 17, 2012

I'm Happy, and I Snow Why.

"I'm so happy, and here's the reason why!" IT'S SNOWING!!!!
Nah, no biggie for you probably. But it's just wonderful to me. I hadn't dared to hope for snow here in Abbotsford. I haven't been here long at all, but what was most advertised about the North West, was its milder climate.

Last year we received no more than a bit of white dusting. This December, however, we've gotten a full five inches of snow! (How do I know? 'Cause I went outside with a ruler and measured it, no duh. Pretty accurate too according The Abbotsford Times! Yep, we totally have one of those.)
That's right, Fraser Valley has been hit with mounds and mounds of snow, it has stalled traffic, closed down schools, and nearly sent the whole town into havoc.

Last night, on our way back from the airport, (Daddy's back! More on his trip coming soon), it snowed. The car grunted and squirmed, fussed and complained about having to skid up and down Abbotsford's unshoveled streets. I hope they got the roads salted today. But it snowed on and off all day, and it's scheduled to continue snowing clear into Thursday. I hope the snow does stay on schedule. It's just so pretty!

I love snow. I love summer more, to be sure. But I can't complain about snow. I don't have to deal with it, just take in its glorious, peaceful, beauty. Last night it was so beautiful coming down in huge flakes. We arrived home at about eleven, and I looked up into the darkness. Clumps of snow fluttered down, and I mentally sang "Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes." Because they did. By the time we made it inside from the driveway, we each had a white mantle of snow.

Ready for some Black and Whites?





Last one to freak you out: 

Meet Creepy - the Silly Snowman.

Hope you all had a wonderful Snow day. (Whether you had snow or not.)

P.S. About the title, I do realize I'm horrible at puns, and shouldn't be allowed to make them. I'm sorry for endangering humanity with them. They're not even that punny anyways.

16 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. We are expecting lots of snow here, too! I hope we get tons of it. I do enjoy the temperate climate of the Pacific Northwest, but sometimes you just need a whole lot of snow. I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And Yes!! Sometimes to be buried in snow is just perfect. Gives winter a while new magical feeling. Hoping the snow gets there soon!

      Delete
  2. The steps. That's my favie.

    ~ REd Dirt Kelly
    http://www.reddirtchroncles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO jealous! I love it! I love snow. It NEVER snows here. OOOOOOHHHHH love the photos, especially the lights. I want to PLAAAYYYY!
    Play for me! Promise?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I remember in Texas. We thought it snowed..but really it just flurried. We'd go outside in thin pajamas! I will I promise. As soon as the wind dies down. We've been having a white out.

      Delete
  4. We're still waiting for our snow, which is odd because we live in the snow belt and were buried last year. No joke. That first picture, of the snow on the bare tree branches- that's my favourite part of winter. Where we live there are so many huge, beautiful mature trees...it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound beautiful! We're so blessed to have had snow. Hope some of it gets to you guys! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! 5 inches is a very respectable snow fall - Love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It is enough to make me happy! :D
      Thanks Ann!

      Delete
  6. My favorite part about snow is snow days!!! Staying in and making hot chocolate, popcorn and watching movies all day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lanterns are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics