January 23, 2012

Monday Mess.

It snowed last week, and you know this because I've been doing the happy dance about that for a disturbing amount of time. Well, I've stopped the happy dance.

Apparently, Abbotsford can take all the rain the skies send her, but it can't take seven-inches of snow. All the snow melted, the ground was frozen, I don't know what exactly happened, all I know is, the water is backing up. In the bathroom. *sigh* The city storm drain was clogged or something, and the city has to take care of it.

It's nasty.

We have to go to the nearest store [just happens to be a Walmart], to use the washroom. I feel redneckville-ish. It seems, however, that we're not the only ones with this problem, plumbing companies are booked 'til nine this evening. In mother's words, "Abbotsford is in chaos." I can think of a few other words for what it's in...

All this of course, results in me getting sidetracked and my schoolwork piling up in a corner. In order to further delay my accomplishing anything today in the ways of education, I decided mother and I needed desperately to go through our suitcases (it's where our clothes are stored for now) (actually Victor and I had dressers in Toronto for our clothes, but mother's dresser in Toronto was too small, so most of her clothes have been stored in suitcases for oh..almost seven years now) and take out clothes we don't need.

We've been through this process several times since we moved, it helps declutter the house. House. Speaking of which, it's upside down with tools, clothes, rugs, towels- a total discombobulation.

Tools. (We initially thought it was a house problem, so dad was trying to fix it. Turns out it's a city problem, there's nothing we can do, the city department is sending out trucks to fix the drains.)

Clothes. Don't ask me what I was thinking when I decided today was a good day to do this. Maybe it had something to do with hopes of clearing closet space for new clothes? :D That'd be nice. 
Victor and I named it the Poop Truck
Well folks, that is that, and that is all. I shall leave you now, and go scrub that bathroom from ceiling to in between tile boards.

Here's to beginning the week right. It can only get more aromatic from here! (Do notice that's a exclamation point not a question mark, Life.)


10 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. That doesn't sound like any fun at all. I had the kind of Monday that made me feel pretty whiny, but yours definitely takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a Monday to remember all right.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, what a mess. I hope the poop truck gets there and gets the job done. I think I just wouldn't go to the bathroom for 3 days if I had to go use the WalMart bathroom! Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we went as less often as possible. Thankfully the poop truck came soon and we only spent 24 hours in that mess.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! That is awful! We had a similar problem in our old house only it was tree roots that grew into our sewer pipe - the basement was never the same again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy! Well, it wasn't that bad, but it was a mess in the bathroom, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. Moments like that make me appreciate the people who make their living cleaning up disgusting messes. Your day was aromatic, but imagine that poop truck driver. I wonder if their sense of smell is permanently damaged?
    So glad the mess was cleaned up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely thankful for them.
      Well, I feel for the poop truck driver, but he took a holiday, didn't get our drain cleaned causing it to clog and mess up my washroom, I'm not too happy with him right now. But I should be, and will soon.

      Delete
  5. Ugh. My Monday included a lot of poop as well, also not in a good way...what a coincidence! Hope your Tuesday was better:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no that sounds horrible, I have had a similar problem in two rental houses but luckily not on our current house....

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics