January 22, 2012

Thumbs Up. Thumbs Down.

It's that time of week again, when the week begins, and you try to leave worrying about Monday for Monday and try to enjoy your Sunday instead. So let's get the week started off with another installment of Thumbs Up. Thumbs Down. or as I normally call it (much to spell check's chagrin), a thumby post: 




  • The brownie batch that's in the oven is probably sinking because of how many times I've opened the oven to check if it's ready. It isn't cooperating.
  • It rained. Our grand total of about seven inches of snow, plus a whiteout for two days, gone- all except for miserable little mounds of tainted snow.
  • I didn't do so well on my History exam.
  • I haven't been swimming in a long time, and I'm out of swimming shape *pout*



  • Brownies!
  • It snowed! Much more than I expected, and I'm really glad of that.
  • My exams are over! Forever! Never doing those again! Whoosh, that's a relief.
  • Victor is reading classics I checked out from the library for him. I'm proud!
  • I got to catch up with Mark Twain this afternoon. [More on him later.]
  • We kept safe throughout the week despite the weather.
Good, outweighing the bad once more. I hope you all had a great weekend. Blessings~*

 

11 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Yay for good outweighing bad! I like this post.....lists are engaging and easily let people get to know you better. And good for all this family reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always another way to look at things, isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a half glass full gal myself. Don't worry about the exam, you'll do better the next time. I've never made brownies before, I think that needs to be remedied.

    Classics are the best...I really want to read Fountainhead again as I never made it all the way through.

    Wow, rain and snow in the same week. I can't even imagine what that's like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a half glass full gal myself. Don't worry about the exam, you'll do better the next time. I've never made brownies before, I think that needs to be remedied.

    Classics are the best...I really want to read Fountainhead again as I never made it all the way through.

    Wow, rain and snow in the same week. I can't even imagine what that's like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! Sorry for the multiple posts, it showed as if it didn't post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never made brownies! Please fix that soon!! You'll be glad. Thank you, I plan on doing better next time for sure.
      Hum, I've never read that one. Might have to check it out.

      Ah! Enjoy the sun for me. :(
      It's ok, I took care of it. (: Blogger Magic!

      Delete
  6. I take it the brownies turned out then? I suck at making brownies...it never works like it should for me! My Monday has been horrendous. I'll take a cue from you and look at the bright side, though: Thursday's blog post about today will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering they're gone, I'd say they turned out well. I can't bake cookies, I've tried and tried, but they end up so so so unlike how they're supposed to, but brownies work just find.
      I can't wait for Thursday's post, now you've got me curious. ...
      cdnkaro, would you um, err, consider guest blogging for me?

      Delete
    2. Only if you aren't already blogging or were desperately hoping to stay blogging free that day, of course. If you'd like, I'd appreciate it. :D

      Delete
    3. I'd love to! Do you have any suggestions/recommendations for me of things to discuss or avoid discussing? I've never blogged for anyone else and am a tad nervous! I'll email it to you ahead of time so you can ok it:)

      Delete
    4. p.s. I am awesomesauce at cookies. I will post a fool-proof recipe next Tuesday, just for you!

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics