February 8, 2012

TidBits of February.

Every time I think of Twitter/Tweets I get Rockin' Robins stuck in my head- the version I learned as a kid, of course, it goes like this:

"Batman's flying in the air,
Batman's lost his underwear.
Batman says, 'I don't care,
Momma's gonna buy me another pair.'"

Rockin' Robin. Tweet-Tweetle-eet.
Rockin' Robin.

Mother's in the kitchen cooking rice,
Father's in the basement catching mice.
Sister's in class chewing gum.
Brother's in his crib sucking his thumb.

Rockin' Robin. Tweet-Tweetle-eet."

All to the rhythm of MJ's Rockin Robin [whose lyrics I have no idea of].

Where is all this leading? Another installment of TidBits. Again, mostly Twitter Tweets.

Dear Mark Twain, Thank you for instigating a strong urge to see Versailles now. Sincerely, I used to be happy.

"Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." -  Dwight D. Eisenhower

I am an avid alliteration addict.

 @AdviceToWriters "Don’t write it right, just write it—and then make it right later." - TARA MOSS 

Volunteering at the Clearbrook Library. So excited to be giving back to the @City_Abbotsford
{I'm a Big Buddy for the Big Buddy's Program being held by the Literacy Matters Association. (They are awesome people by the way. They pair a volunteer with a struggling reader from K-5th grade to help each other out. Major kudos to them!) Monday was my first meeting with my Little Buddy. Quite exciting!}

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis

Hum. We have enough oranges to begin a mini fresh produce market. selling oranges.

jasminestar JasmineStar 

RT "Instead of a Vegetarian, I'm going to refer to myself as an Herbivore because I'm way hard core." 

What did the psychiatrist say to the watermelon? "Oh Stop being so melondramatic!" #punny 

I don't complain about #ValentinesDay. Sure, I'm single yet again, but the candy's on sale! #ComeOnNow

#DidYouKnow that cycling is illegal in Venice? They give steep fines to cyclists. 

louiegiglio Louie Giglio 
RT: Note to the persecutors of the faith: persecution propels the Gospel of Jesus. #thecrossisproof

To cut hair? Or to grow it out? #Dilemma

The problem is, I think of such witty sayings, only to find out they've already been written. Or I forget them.


CSLewisDaily C. S. Lewis 

If you're thinking of becoming a Christian, I warn you, you're embarking on something which will take the whole of you.

Name: Larissa 
Play an Instrument? Yes 
Please Specify: The You-Tuba 
Level: Pro

Victor throws me a gum, "Here. Make yourself useful. Chew gum." I don't know where gets stuff like that.

My boyfriend does this cute little thing where he doesn't exist. 

Few things are more devastating than burning food. #Food 

Someone. Please. Say something non Super Bowl or Madonna related!! 
{This was my plea all through Sunday. I was a tad bit frantic. I don't enjoy watching hand eggs being thrown around from blue spandex pant wearing man to yellow spandex pant wearing one who beats his head into the blue spandexed guy for no apparent reason. Ghastly. (The spandex of course)}

I love it when History is nice to us. Like putting Black Tuesday on the 29th of October of 1929#MakesLifeEasier

I loath you radical quadratic equations. I really loathe you.

Signing up for the SAT's that are a month away. Shaking and thinking, "What am I doing!" 
{This is true. Today I will be, God willing, picking up an application and mailing it away. The SAT test is a month away, and I'm not ready for it. At all. One month to get ready, so if you have any advice/tips/study help (other than "WHY! Did you leave it for the last minute?!") I'm begging open for advice. I'm not expecting out of this world results, I just need to get acquainted with the whole process. But more on that some other time. Trust me. I have posts to write about SAT's.} 

I hate making excuses for not blogging. They're excuses. If my life depended on it I would find time to blog. So instead of excusing myself, I will simply say, I have much studying and preparing to do, and I will post as often as I can/whenever the moon and stars aligned properly. See you around, and if not, bear with me. I still exist, I'm simply in a serious relationship with math and other school subjects. {They're very jealous partners, and tend to pout when I ignore them.}

Ta-ta For Now! (I seriously almost ended this post with a, "Stay Thirsty My Friends." I've realized I have got to stop watching commercials now.)

   

8 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. You are so funny. Your use of Twitter is remarkably more sane than others I've seen. RE: SATs - don't sweat them. Piece of cake. Their use is to show how you think, what you already know - not what you crammed at the last minute. It seems hard to believe, but in about a year's time, no one will care what your SAT score was. Most people find the analogies difficult and that's what a lot of the study material covers. You, with your brilliant word mind, should have no trouble at all with that. Fortunately, there are no late 80s, early 90s pop culture questions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee hee to the pop culture questions- I've been witnessing Larissa's 'schooling' in this matter!

      Delete
    2. Haha. I only post the sane stuff. And I just can't wait 'til all of this SAT stuff is over. Thanks for the advice, I'll cool down.

      And you two enjoy my struggles in learning. I'm learning. You'll see, one day I'll be fluent in 80's - 90's pop culture.

      Delete
  2. A couple of things: 1. I come up with sayings all the time, and am so proud of myself because I am so clever. Then I find out that someone else has said it before and I probably just read it a long time ago, only to have it resurface as a seemingly original thought years later. 2. Versailles is breath-taking. Should you choose to go there one day, you won't regret it. 3. the boyfriend comment thing made me giggle aloud. Good luck on the SATs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just hate it when you think up of something and realize it that someone else has stolen your witty saying years ago? Ugh. I really want to go to Versailles. And thank you. (:

      Delete
  3. Erg. Radical quadratic equations. Yet another thing (like your SAT score) that is likely to be irrelevant to your daily life in a year or two. Loved all of this--and you have a whole cheering section for the SATs. That's gotta count for something, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've always thought so! I don't have any future plans for radical quadratic equations. At all.
      And yes! It counts and means so much! Thank you. :D

      Delete
  4. You crack me up! Spandex ha. I am so bad at Twitter. Probably because, I'm on my phone all the time. Harder to type. My daughter takes her SAT in a month too. Sooo stressful. But you will do great!!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics