February 16, 2012

Phew?

Well folks. Today Blogger decided to scare the lights out of me. It blocked Papa is a Preacher. I signed in this morning, caught up with a few blogs on my newsfeed and closed the window. Hours later I signed in again, and voila, all me blogs, had disappeared.

Do you know what it's like to sign in, arrive on your dashboard, and have it say "You have no blogs. Click to create one now." It should send a chill straight to your core. Make you tremble and want to decapitate whoever is responsible for the misdeed.

I wasn't. I was too tired to care. I was overcome with a numbing nonchalantness that seemed the whole world was distant and nothing could affect me. I don't know why, but that's how I've been feeling of late. So. very. tired. What do I have to account to all this tiredness? Nothing. Unless you count studying, but I haven't been studying that hard. Last Saturday I took a nap. I never ever evereverever take naps. I did Saturday. A very long nap.

But my sleeping habits won't take up any more post space. Lucky for Blogger, I was too groggy to write a proper !!!!!!!!!! post on their help forum (which by the way was full of 404 errors). I simply told them what was going on, and they answered about half an hour later. Which was quite remarkable and efficient I must say. Least they could do after deleting/whatever it was they did I didn't like it/blocking my blog right?

Anyways, they told me it would take up to seven days to get my blog back. I just slumped into my chair, and waited. A few hours later, WE'RE BACK!

So, today's Project II post will be posted tomorrow, and tonight I'd just like to say, "Phew, thank Providence." And ask if I'm the only so disloyal person who is considering changing from Blogger to any other blog hosting platform? I'd like to stay on blogger, I've just become accustomed to its template codes and everything, and have yet so much to learn. But I feel that because it's so early in the game, if I were to change, it should be now. Are you liking Blogger's changes?

I will go sleep now. So I may write coherently tomorrow. I'm just glad everything I've poured time and energy into hasn't vanished. I cherish this little corner very much, even more so I cherish the connection I have with each of you. If I lost it... Well I haven't. And I won't!

8 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. I've been feeling the same way. I think the time of year is partially responsible, because several other people I know are writing similar things. That would be terrifying. I personally don't keep back-ups of my posts, so everything would be lost if my blog were deleted. Hmmm...might be coping posts to a word document this eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I've considered saving them in the past, but it will be such a hassle...but I just might have to do that tonight too. I hate the fact that the comments, followers, everything would be gone too! Oh well, at least the posts would be safe!

      Delete
  2. That sounds horrible! I'm so glad it was only a few hours instead of days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a few spare moments at work last night and popped over here to find that it didn't exist. I must've caught it in the window when it was down. I panicked for you and for me! You were back before I left work for the night though.

    I've thought occasionally about backing my stuff up, but as you said such a hassle. And I've been blogging for almost seven years. After your scare, maybe I will find time to go through and at least save some of my favorite stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm working on that now, saving everything. I've just got to find a place to put it. I don't want so much stuff on my hard drive.

      Delete
  4. That would scare the bejeezes out of me! I'mm so glad they got it back.
    (I hate the changes they made to the security word-thing. I get it wrong about 60% of the time now.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so worried about you after you tweeted this, I actually felt a little sick myself. Thank goodness they found your blog!

    I am not thrilled with Blogger, but plan to stay for now. It's home. By the way, I've been able to back up my template, but not my actual posts. How has that worked for you?

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics