March 15, 2012

Abeyance.

It means being inactive or suspended.

That's how we were last weekend in Washington. It was raining. (Of course. I did mention we were in the Seattle area right?)

So, while everybody read, because I couldn't keep my mind on anything anymore, I took out the camera and shot things.


"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King, Jr."



A wandering bookmark with a special message.


Close up of an ol' tired pooch.


Footsies of the Readers.


The Reader's and their Reads.


I was white. A long time ago. Before the rain. Before the sun. Before my life.


Every exit..is an entry somewhere else. 
Every end..is the beginning of another something.


Have a kid, they come with cute stuffed animals that gather dust and aggravate your allergies.



I ate a lot.


"The soul becomes dyed, with the colors of its thoughts."
-Marcus Aurelius


And time stood still. 

Abeyance.
 

17 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Love your photos and captions as usual. We really did have some dreadful weather this last weekend, didn't we?
    Also, I love the book your dad is reading in that fabulous shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D.
      And that book, from the few passages he read to me, sounds awesome.
      I heard a few of Yancey's talks on Youtube. The guy's pretty good!

      Delete
  2. This was done brilliantly! I loved your photos and the captions that went with them. Lucky you, you really got some amazing shots!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Taking time to photograph is always rewarding. (:

      Delete
  3. Stories told with photos are wonderful! I love these little glimpses into your life:) The fact that you also come up with the perfect caption for each shot is just icing on the cake! Mmmm....cake....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm cake is right. .. Caroline, now I'm craving cake.

      Delete
    2. I'll try to remember to take a picture of Gentle Giant's bday cake tomorrow...I have grand ideas (for me= slightly more than just plain boring)

      Delete
  4. I love how you told a story through these pics. Great visual and phrasing to go with it. Glad to meet you through SITS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Missy, and thanks for passing by!
      It was wonderful to meet you through SITS, your feature day was brilliant! (:

      Delete
  5. Great pictures, as always. I love the thought of laying in bed reading on a rainy day. (We have those same cups!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those Ikea cups. We use them when kids are over, or when on trips. They're so easy to carry!
      Thanks Jewels!

      Delete
  6. Great post! That is neat you get to travel as much as you do. Great photos and I especially love the MLK quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I enjoy traveling. I just we (I) could have enjoyed it a bit more, and not worried so much.

      Delete
  7. You are getting more and more creative with your camera all the time, LT! I REALLY love the photos of your family's feet and reading materials. Your brother's book put a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves Animal Ark. And I think it's great because I did too. So we have that series in common. They're great reads...

      And thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos.

      Delete
  8. Both your eye and your camera are incredible. I love the richness of the photos you post--the colors and depth--it's almost like they're 3-D sometimes. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Masked Mom! I love shooting things, hehe.

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics