March 8, 2012

Extended Definition: Woman.

Extended Definition: Woman


 What is a woman? Wouldn't you like to know? So would I. I would love to be able to define a woman, but I cannot. For a woman is much more than scientific names and phrases. A woman, is science, is nature, and a little bit of super power magic. But I will try.
 How can I understand a woman? Wouldn't you like to know? So would I. I would love to explain a woman, but I cannot. For a woman is much more than Oxford definitions and generalizations. A woman, is simple, is complex, and a little bit of super power magic. But I will try.
 A woman is first of all an individual, a human, a person. She must be treated with respect, she has thoughts, she has talents, she has opinions, she has abilities. She will use these. A woman has needs and a woman has something to give. A woman is beautiful, each in her own way.
 A woman is not a man. A woman is not above man, but neither is she below him. "Observe, that Adam was first formed, then Eve (1 Tim. 2:13 ), If man is the head, she is the crown, a crown to her husband, the crown of the visible creation. The man was dust refined, but the woman was dust double-refined, one remove further from the earth. [Observe]... That the woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved." states Matthew Henry.  A woman is not to be belittled by men, nor does she belittle the opposite gender. She understands that, a woman who acts like a lady, will be treated as such.
 A woman has super power magic in that she can be a whole many things at once. A woman is vulnerable, and yet a woman is strong. A woman wants to be cared for, but a woman can care for. She is gentle and kind, yet is capable of fighting fiercely for what she loves and holds dear. She is humble, but will not be downtrodden. A woman is confident in herself, but isn't above asking for help.  A woman is gentle enough to appreciate the delicacies of life, but a woman is not weak in order to cower away from the coarseness of life's twists and turns.
 She is herself, she is a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, a cook, a housekeeper, a nurse, a care giver, a scholar, a psychologist, a counselor, a mentor, a friend, et cetera.
 A woman was created by God, and to Him she is accountable also. He entrusts to her, blessings, talents, abilities, wisdom, and she must use them wisely. He allows her trials and difficulties carefully making sure it is never more than she, through Him, can handle.
 A woman is more than explanations and definitions, a woman is beauty, is gentleness, is strength, is courage, and a little bit of super power magic.

Happy International Women's Day!

   

11 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. I love how you wove biblical references into this. Very powerful and well written!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful! I didn't even know it was Women's Day till I read it on BlogHer. I think we (America) should advertise and promote it more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I think so too! It's really well known in Brazil, surprising it isn't so much here.

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Larissa. I always liked the saying that if the man is the head (of a family, etc.), the woman is the neck that directs it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, the women in my family have always said that too!

      Delete
  4. Great post - I love being a woman! I love being able to be a mother. Women are the hearty gender too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandparents always say he may be the head of the house, but she is the neck that turns the head.....it worked so well for them, I followed their example in my own marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, as always, Larissa. And I'm with Jewels on the lack of coverage of it here in the States.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics