March 2, 2012

Humor Me Friday.

If there's something I hate, it's commercials. They are so annoying. On Youtube, on the radio, anywhere. They seem to always consist of downplaying a rival's product, getting a corny very irritating song in your head, which usually leads to me associating their brand with obnoxiousness. Sometimes, commercials (especially those downplaying a rival) end up making me want to buy the rival's product out of pure spite. (I know. I get to worked up about things like this.)

If there's something I love, it's commercials. Commercials totally new, fresh, intriguing. The type of commercial that if it came on in the middle of a tv program and you get up to refill the popcorn bowl, you stop mid track and turn around to pay attention. To a commercial!

I love commercials that have nothing to do with any other company but their very own. I love commercials that are funny, silly, and make me think. Did you know there are awards for adverts? I didn't, but there are.

I watched this commercial with a tilted head. I couldn't tell where it was going ... it finally clicked, and it was brilliant. I've watched it a couple of times since then..

Watch it once. Maybe twice.




This, this is the type of commercial I like. Creative, new, imaginative. Wonderful.

Happy Friday y'all.

 

4 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Hilarious. I do the spite thing too, though I very rarely get to see commercials. Ah, TV-free...can't say I miss commercials. All the really good ones get passed around online anyway, so I get to watch them in the end if they are worth it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a TV-free household (always have been) too. Which is why I mentioned other commercials in there. But when we're at houses with TV in them, they happen. And yeah, thanks to the internet, these good ones get passed around.

      Delete
  2. I love that! We don't have broadcast TV in our house, so I don't see many commercials. I have to say, there are times I miss them, especially when they are well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But like Caroline said, the good ones get passed around. Which is great! :D Glad you liked!

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics