March 18, 2012

Thumbs Up. Thumbs Down.

Before I bury myself in the world of Mark Twain's The Innocent's Abroad (I cannot believe how long it is taking me to finish that book. I want to give it the full attention it deserves, not just skimming), I will leave you with another installment of Thumbs Up. Thumbs Down.




  • Eleven more days. Eleven more days! You know how when you want to eat something, and "there's nothing to eat" in the fridge, but you keep checking back every five seconds anyways, just in case elves magically appeared and restocked your fridge with precisely what you wanted? That's how I am. Checking the SAT college board website all day. 
  • Wonderful Brazilian friends who post photos of their ridiculously good looking tans. (It's summer there now.) I'm quite quite jealous. 
  • Ants. They have slowly, but surely made themselves free rent tenants. I didn't mind them too much. They left our food and clothes alone. They left us alone, simply creeping from corner to corner.  Until last night, I was minding my own business, and an ant bit my foot. Bit me! I wasn't even suspecting it! The cruel little thing. Then it ran away, and left me gawking. Dish it out but they can't take it. I feel they must go now. No matter how much I hate the idea of poison in the house.


  • Finding a hatbox with an original Andy Worhol print. (Wind Blew Her Hair sequel anyone?)
  • Eleven hours of sleep. Pure joy. 
  • The freedom that comes after finishing a Chemistry test. Bliss. 
  • Having a wonderfully long book list that I will probably never finish. 
  • Having access to one of the best inventions in the world. A public library. 
  • Knowing that no matter how much time I spend reading, I will never read all the books out there. Ever. That's comforting in a way. 
  • Isn't it?
Anywho, it's past curfew (so please excuse the not so cleverness.) Good night, y'all.
Keep smiling, the good always beats the bad. Always.


Oh! and by the way ... did you get to see Friday's Post? If not, check it out, you might enjoy it. 

10 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. All I could think when I read this is "man, did her parents raise her right". A studious student, an avid reader, a quick wit, a girl of faith and family. You are a gem, Larissa. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank you Tiffanie! Y'all keep making me feel all self-conscious!

      Delete
  2. Hi Larissa! I like Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down! I know what you mean about the reading list - so much I want to read too - and then I find more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? An original Andy Warhol in a hat box? Thumbs up!! And, sorry about the ants - - ick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the hatbox print is an Andy Warhol. I love it!

      Delete
  4. 11 hours of sleep!?!? The reading thing is totally comforting- I feel the same way! And as for the hat box- ooh, can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Haha I almost feel bad about all the sleeping. Almost but not quite.

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to a sequel!!! And I'm totally with you on all your Thumbs Ups, but you've "known" me long enough that that's probably pointing out the obvious. As for ants, my Hubby who is probably a little too brave (and too unaware of his age and his body's limitations) in most cases, has a deep and abiding phobia of ants. He is not exactly terrified of them, but is hilariously (he doesn't think so) creeped out by them. He stops just this side of getting all squealy like a woman jumping on a table after seeing a mouse in some old cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha that just made my day! We're getting rid of them tomorrow. I hope they go without a fight.

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics