March 14, 2012

Yummy Poem.

It's horrible I'm telling you. Food. It's so lovely and I can't live without it. It's so yummy, and smells good, and and and it's just so..edible. 

It's horrible because it is taking up my life. As in. My writing. I had to write a poem for school. It had to rhyme. I wrote a couple, one about a Sous-Chef Frog, another about a faraway kingdom called Chalant-a-lot. I didn't feel like writing anything deep. I mean you can't just sit down and say, "Today I shall write something deep." (Or can you?) So instead I decided to write something silly. So I did. 

This morning, while on FoodGawker (planning a future post), I came across quite a few sandwich recipes. Inspired by the photos, I wrote.   

How to Make The Perfect Sandwich.

For the foundation use homemade bread.
Butter the undersides, butter I said!
Place the butter side down on the frying pan.
Layer on the first slice of cheese, just because you can.

Add a juicy tomato slice, red and thin.
Now another slice of cheese to keep the moisture in.
A layer of potato chips, must have the crunch, see. 
Quick! The last slice of bread! Butter side-down must be!

Mmm! Smells good. Turn it over. Is the bottom golden brown?
Add a little pressure, press it down down down.
The cheese has melted, the butter is dark so we're almost done!
Put it on a plate, grab a drink. Let your teeth sink in. Yum.


It's horrible I'm telling! This love of food. It's taking up everything!!
If you need even more inspiration for sandwiches, click here. It's beautiful!

 

10 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. That actually sounds really good! And I'm eating black jelly beans as I write this, just so ya know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read this, I stalked into the kitchen and snatched some jelly beans myself. I fully blame you for the extra calories. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. So cute! That is one of my favorite sandwiches except never tried it with chips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deliciously lovely poem:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really yummy!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It should come as no surprise to you that I am a fan of anything that calls for butter and toasted bread! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's so cool Michelle! Let's just say your blog name is wonderful.

      Delete
  6. I'm trying desperately to catch up on blog-reading I fell behind on last week and so I'm reading this before breakfast. Looks like I might have to take a perfect sandwich break. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I always do that, read blogs that end up having food posts, before breakfast or lunch. I just asked mom what we're having for lunch because if she hadn't planned anything, I'd make spaghetti I saw on a blog...

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics