April 27, 2012

Beaming.

 Today Victor finished his Red Cross Kids swimming classes. He has reached the farthest level they offer, and got a medallion. Now maybe it's no big deal for families with kids who are in swim clubs and have Olympic dreams, but for our little family, it's an achievement, and we'll celebrate it.

 A year and one or two months ago, Victor was afraid of entering water deeper than up to his knees; he wouldn't submerge his face under water in the bathtub. Today he can swim several laps in a row, can swim freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke, has dived off the diving board, jumped off the high dive and is working his way to touching the bottom of the deep-end of the pool.

 This summer, he wants to begin taking junior lifeguarding courses, and, of course, I couldn't be happier. In fact, think of me as the proud old farmer with his hands on his suspenders, beaming a grin, and rocking back and forth on his feet. Yes, that annoyingly proud of my little squirt.




Happy Friday. (:

10 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. I love that you two are so close. How wonderful, and congratulations Victor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Victor!

    And proud farmer image - cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! Congratulations Victor! I love to swim but my preferred stroke is the doggy paddle so I'm not sure I could be called a great swimmer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's so great. Especially since he was so afraid of water. Congrats Victor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats are in order.
    I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for Victor! He looks so pleased.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics