April 8, 2012

Caminhadas.

We went for a walk yesterday afternoon. Mother made us get out. The skies were a brilliant blue, and oh so very clear. The sun was soft and yet vibrant and invigorating. It was beautiful. The cherry trees are blooming, and it's officially spring.



"All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking."

Friedrich Nietzsche



"Courteous treatment will make a customer a walking advertisement."
James Cash Penney



"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
Steven Wright


"I get pretty much all the exercise I need walking down airport concourses carrying bags."
Guy Clark


"I love walking down the street and seeing faces and drama and happiness and sadness and dirt and cleanliness."
Ric Ocasek


"I'm in the kitchen and I'm not walking out."
Charles Rangel


"If you can't find your inspiration by walking around the block one time, go around two blocks-but never three."
Robert Motherwell
(Why not?)


"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one."
Dolly Parton


"It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching."
Francis of Assisi


"There were two free public libraries within walking distance of my home; I remember taking six books home from every visit, the limit set by the library."
Martin Lewis Perl


"The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


"You don't learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over."
Richard Branson


"The higher we are placed, the more humbly we should walk."

Marcus Tullius Cicero


"Our freedom can be measured by the number of things we can walk away from."

Vernon Howard



"The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk."
                                                         Joseph Joubert


Wishing you all many smiles, blessings, and sunshine. ... ~*


8 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Especially like the Steven Wright and Dolly Parton quotes. Love your flowers - my favs are the first - great composition and the black n white one : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, Ann! I really like those two quotes too. (:

      Delete
  2. Your photography is so incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful pictures and great quotes to accompany your images. I wonder why you should never walk around three blocks . . . Hmmm . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That three block thing is pretty mysterious, isn't it? Maybe it's supposed to mean if you don't find inspiration twice around the block, you should look elsewhere? I love the Steven Wright quote--I'm a huge fan of his from way back. Well before your time, young lady. ;)

    Gorgeous photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous photos, and wow, does your mother ever look young! CIcero and Motherwell stay with me, in particular. ANd I agree- why 2 but not 3? Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics