April 12, 2012

Fashion FlashForwards.

So we had fun with Fashion Flashbacks, but if you think about it, there are some grotesquely funny looking trends coming out (or back) right now. And here's where we might disagree, but here are a few that I have an inkling will be in "Fashion Flashbacks" posts of future generations...




I got an e-mail just last week, on essential spring accessories. This photo was among them. Now folks, don't get me wrong, I'm all for statement accessories and all...but these jumbo hair clips? The statement this is making is, "Stand away, or I will poke you in the eye causing massive pain and blindness. Intentionally or not." 


Zac? Is that you? 
Listen, I don't care if they're dark denim, I don't care if they're what's in, I don't care if they're comfortable (I do not believe that), I really don't care. Skinny jeans, need to stop causing trauma. Honestly, the things you see walking around, sitting in front of people with skinnies..it's quite..disturbing. Oh. And if you are going to wear them anyway, Keep Thine Legs Closed, please. I beg you. 



I'm all for retro, and vintage. Really I am. But this is just ridiculous. A couple of months ago, I was going through the weekly newspaper and flyers when I came across one from Best Buy. There was an "offer" for a "retro" handheld device for iPhones. *sigh* I really hope this doesn't catch on...


Sheer maxi skirt with mini ... Honey, you paid too much for half a skirt.

Those are a few .. obviously I steered away from the "leggings as pants", jeggings, short shorts, and a few others. For some reason as soon as I decided to write this..I forgot all the worse trends. Do you remember any?


10 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. This post had me smiling. I want to tell you though, I have SEVERAL times wanted to get a "retro" receiver, only because I could hold it between my ear and shoulder while I talk on the phone (like we did in the "old days")! I miss not worrying about phone radiation and I don't like holding this tiny slippery little phone to my face to talk, when I could be keeping busy while having a chat. I sound like an old lady, don't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I could understand that I suppose, but I honestly don't think I'd carry it around. Maybe for the home phone?

      Delete
  2. Larissa, you make me laugh, I also do not understand any of the fashions that you mention. I did break down and finally purchase leggings but more for winter wear under shorter ( knee length in my case) skirts and dresses. and because if I wear leggings I can extend shaving just one or two more days, and that is part of the frugal trend. right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the only way I wear them too..

      Delete
  3. That hair clip is hilarious!
    I'm sure it wasn't a trend, but there's a picture of me in a denim jumper with short boots and red socks peeking out. *shudder* Now you know where the 'frumpy' comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO FUNNY!!! The giant hair clip and phone are especially ridiculous!

    I HATE super tight jeans! But lots of people must like them because it is hard to find ones that just fit normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those two are my favorites too. (:

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the laughs! I had a huge gold hair clip in my younger days, but it was not that large. Or at least, I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I've personally never seen any this big. Yet. I just hope they don't start appearing everywhere, or worse, on everyone.

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics