April 9, 2012

Notes.

For the record..it's still Monday! 

Just a little note to say, today was pretty good. The spring cleaning bug bit my mother, it was actually pretty late this year, I almost dared to believe it was going to bite. Well it did, this week. 

 The sun was beautiful today, and mother put out our shoes (that are kept in boxes), mattresses, out to soak in the sun. We sat out on the porch for a while, taking in all the golden goodness. The carpets are clean, there's nothing under the beds. The couch cushions are finally settling down into normal position after having been removed, vacuumed and readjusted. 

Two black bags await their turn to be taken to the Salvation Army, and our sheets smell wonderfully clean. The windows were kept open and the shutters ajar. The oven was kept busy, and tomorrow's list is on the counter. We're not finished yet, but we're almost there. 

 Every spring it happens, and I have to admit I enjoy it. Furniture is moved, and removed. The whole house is up in an roar, and then finally, at the end of the week, everything is sparkling and fresh, and then...everything snuggles in for another year. 

 Or at least until fall.

 Oh, and eleventh grade is over-ish. Just papers need to be signed and quotes added to a book report. But the finals are over and I can breathe.

Or at least until my school material arrive.

But for now, I will take a deep breath of fresh air with a faint whiff of lime/pine/orange scented household cleaning materials.


7 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Sounds SO nice! I NEED to do that too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still at it .. and it's pretty nice so far. (:

      Delete
  2. You make spring cleaning sound so lovely. That's quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I laughed at that one Jewels. Thank you. But we are having fun!

      Delete
  3. Yay for mommies who clean! And congratulations to you, LT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that your sigh of relief gets to be breathed in sparkly freshness. Congratulations on another year down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spring cleaning! I love the first warmish day when I can open my windows and get some fresh air in our house. Although, I will confess a terrible confession. I have not moved my bed in 5 years. It's not a dust bunny colony under there, it is a mutation monster habitat....and I still can't motivate myself to get to it! But other than that, yes to spring cleaning!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics