May 31, 2012

I'm a Slow Runner.

 When I was younger .. I flattered myself into thinking I ran fast, granted I could play tag with my boy cousins and give them a good run; I enjoyed it. 

 Apparently though, as I've aged (yeah, soo much, stop teasing.) I've grown slower. How do I know? I've been tagged. Again. I was tagged last Friday by The Mommy Rant, and yesterday Judy tagged me again. 

So .... 

First I shall indulge in talking about myself. Then I shall answer the questions asked me. Then name five people to do likewise.. and proceed to ask them eleven questions. Ready?


1. I think of myself as shy. Deep inside I have a suspicion that people wish I were. 

2. It takes really little to amuse me. Sing a chorus of Cotton Eyed Joe and I might die. Especially if I'm in a situation I know I shouldn't laugh. Such as up front. In church. Leading a meeting. Cross your eyes at me for a split second, and I'll lose it.


3. I've collected numerous things throughout my life. Most of them are quite ridiculous so don't even ask why because I have no idea... Don't believe me? Ok, I'll give you a few: Rocks; clothing tags; bags from clothes stores (AE, Roots, Garage, H&M, UB, vs. the plastic grocery store variety); stickers; comic books; plastic "Barbie" dogs, cats, horses; feathers; keychains; notebooks.. actually I still collect the last one.

4. I smell like AE's Crush Fragrance for Her. It was a gift from my parents and one of the few perfumes I can stand to wear on a daily bases without becoming nauseated. 

5. If I take long naps in the afternoon, eight out of ten times I will wake up grumpy and cranky instead of well rested. 

6. I stapled my finger once. (Running out of things to say. Sorry 'bout that.) 

7. I fainted in a store once. .. yeah. That was embarrassing. Something about a drastic change of temperature from -13ºC in Canada to 37ºC in Brazil, skipping breakfast, and walking around shopping all morning. Not recommended.

8. I play coward and when we move, I don't want to go back to the place we're moving away from. It'll be too different; it will have moved on; I rather remember it how it was. Like I said, Coward.

9. I think freckles are pretty. 

10. Getting in the ocean scares me when I think about it. When I'm actually there I can't resist and get in anyway. Deeper...deeper. And then I remember and get all scared and go back to building sandcastles.

11. If you were to watch me write a blog post, I guarantee it would drive you to madness. I flip from tab to tab constantly. Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, Youtube, then I flip back to my post and edit one adjective or add a sentence or word or two. Repeat. 

Phew, ok, now to answer thine questions: 

1.  Dogs or cats or neither?
Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. Puppies. Dogs. Dogs. Dogs. 

2.  Your favorite holiday and why (besides Christmas)?
Thanksgiving. I love the food, love the reason we come together, love the reminders, love the feeling of peacefully settling in for another winter. 

3.  What is the greatest life lesson you've learned so far?
Life lesson? Um .. ooof... "Be yourself, everybody's already taken." (Oscar Wilde) Trite? Yes, but I feel that it ties in a lot more than what it seems. If you believe in something show it. If you like something stick to it. Quit pretending and feigning, people can tell when you are and it's lame. Think for yourself, and be ok with it when people don't agree with you. Don't stick to an argument when you realize you're wrong. Admit it. It's ok. It doesn't make you smaller; it makes you grow.

4.  Is it easy for you to say "I'm sorry"??
Are depends a valid answer? Depends what I did and to whom. Ironically, it's easier for me to apologize to strangers than to those closest to me.

5.  What is the one place in the U.S. that you have always wanted to visit?  Why?
The Grand Canyon, and the American Girl's store in Boston. Both are childhood dreams that are on the bucket list. Do you really need me to explain the awesomeness of these places to you?

6.  How do you deal with anger?
Like most women. Bottled up inside until one day, boom Pompeii and a whole lot of tears. Then I move on three seconds after the explosion, like nothing ever happened. I don't understand it either. 

7.  Comedies or dramas?   Favorite?
Comedies! Favorite comedy? None come to mind right now but I love a good laugh with clean humor. Something that brings me to tears, but that I can share with Victor and won't make me uncomfortable sharing with adults either. Like I said, it doesn't take much to amuse me, but I don't like stifling giggles because of the inappropriateness of a joke.

8.  When was the last time you laughed out loud? 
This morning? This afternoon? A couple hours ago? I've laughed out loud today.
 
9.  Are you who you want to be?  Anything you would change about yourself?
In a way yes, but I believe we can always improve upon ourselves. There are definitely things I would change, and I don't believe I'll ever be satisfied and come to a point that I wouldn't change a thing. But I'm happy with who I am right now, where I'm headed and who I strive to be. I'm not unhappy or disappointed, just comfortable with saying there are areas in which I want to improve. If we didn't have those areas, where would the fun lie?

10. Do you have a hero?   Who is it?  Why?
Many. My parents, my aunts and uncles, my grandparents, and all those out there leading their lives and their struggles without any recognition.
11. Have you ever lied about your age or weight?  In what circumstance?
*sigh* A kid asked me in a room full of people, how much I weighed. I was on vacation and hadn't weighed in about three or four weeks. I'm pretty sure I had gained weight, but I told him the weight my scale at home had said. Does that count? If not then never.

Allrighty-O! Five people I shall tag:






Guidelines- In a post:
Tell us eleven things about yourself.
Answer the eleven questions I'll post below. 
Choose eleven (I just chose five) people to tag. (No retags) 
Ask them eleven questions.

I've tagged different people this time, so I'm asking almost the same eleven questions as last time. I'm positive you will each have different answers:
  1. What is your "go-to" dish. The one that springs to mind when someone asks you to bring something to a potluck, or a party, or place where people will be gathered to eat. Your food.
  2. Have you ever broken a pencil in two?
  3. Sweet or salty (food).
  4. What was one gift that someone gave you that you will always remember? (Doesn't have to be one you liked. A memorable one.)
  5. What is your favorite blog post.
  6. What annoys you?
  7. What makes you happy?
  8. Truth or Dare? ("Depends" is not an option.)
  9. Did you collect anything as a kid?
  10. Bath or Shower? ("Depends" is not an option.)
  11. Would you ever use gel pens? Sparkly ones. 

14 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. got it , and scheduled to Post in the morning. Thanks for thinking of me =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a good sport, April. (:

      Delete
  2. I love your statement of being yourself, everyone's already taken! I am going to start posting that in my classroom for my students (and fellow teachers) to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a.eye! By the way, the quote is actually Oscar Wilde's! I should know better. Must edit so I don't plagiarize.

      Delete
  3. Loved your answers!! And you definitely need to go to the Grand Canyon someday :) And ouch! Stapled your finger?!
    Thanks for playing with me, Larissa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking me to join your game of tag. (:

      Delete
  4. Love learning about you, Larissa! You are such an interesting person! I can't wait to take my daughter to the American Girl doll store one day (maybe soon!) and you know. I wish there were more good clean comedies!!! Stapled my finger once too - did you get a tetanus shot? I did, what a pain but better than lockjaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you guys will have fun! I wish so too .. No, it wasn't a deep "staple" just the epidermis. I was really young and didn't think twice about it. Just yanked it off.

      Delete
  5. Nice! I agree with naps: I usually wake up like a bear from hibernation: not a pretty or friendly sight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the tag-if yo are slow, I am just warming up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your answers! :)

      Delete
  7. If I take naps in the afternoon, more than likely I wake up cranky too! That's just 'cause we're awesome, Larissa ;) And #7 passing out in public...Oh my goodness. I did the same thing! Seriously, we're just cool like that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Ph. D.'s in utter coolness. (:

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics