May 25, 2012

Tag. I'm It.

Apparently, I've been tagged by, The Mommy Rant. I'm not exactly positive what's supposed to happen now, but I'll try to wing it. 


First, I must give you eleven things about me. You probably wouldn't have asked, but hey, that never stopped me before. 


1. You have no idea how happy it makes me when this arrives:


2. Sometimes I want to give the Purolator guy and the UPS lady, cakes, muffins, stir-fry, food and big fat hugs. But sometimes I wonder if they would eat it. I wouldn't. I'd be a little creeped out at the girl in pigtail braids who does a weird happy dance and shoves food at me every time she sees me. 


3. I can't control everything. Did you know that? I can't. 


4. Every time we make plans, I fall for it and get all happy and excited. When things don't happen according to plan, I vow to never get my hopes up again, doesn't work. Ever.


5. I have cold feet. Ridiculously cold feet, and sometimes hands as well. My parents call them corpse hands/feet. Very nice simile, isn't it? 


6. You know how a puppy wiggles when it's happy? Yeah .. I do that too. 


7. I'm a bit impatient, irrational, and I have a tendency to leave people confused. 


8. I have a short attention span which means when I'm talking to you it sounds like this:
"And then we were talking and she said she'd- OH! Did I tell you about how the dog jumped over the bucket and by the way I saw this cute little dress on that shop on that street with the purple house, which I'm sure is where that dude with the five dogs lives. Did you know that Caligula had his horse become part of the senate?" Can you understand why I have a tendency to leave people confused?


9. If I like you. I will like you a lot. If I dislike you, I will really dislike you. 


10. I'd rather you tell me I'm driving you crazy, I'm making you angry, or that I'm making you happy, that I'm doing something wrong, than to tell me nothing at all. Also, linked to that, I need to express my feeling, but I can only do that if you express yours. If you bottle up your feelings, I'll bottle up mine. 


11. If you doubt me, I might  doubt me too. If you believe in me, I might believe in me too. 


And now I get to answer questions you did ask. 


1. Why did you start a blog?
Well I do believe I've answered that in this post here. . .something to do with the youngest member of our family. 

2. What have you learned about yourself from blogging?

That I am a master at making up excuses for not doing things I should, like writing, yet I'm pretty certain I already knew that...Mostly, that if I put my head to it, I can write, if I dare call it that.

3. How do you blog and still get things done around your house?

When I do, it's because I wake up early. Sometimes (oftentimes) it takes a whole day to write a post because I keep coming back and editing, and adding bits and pieces. Sometimes (oftentimes) I just sit and write off a post, edit it a couple of times and press the publish post.

4. Why is blogging better than Facebook?

Because people who are interested read, and I'm not clogging up people's news feeds with huge texts. (Just blog promoting links .. hehe the irony.) 

5. What is the last book you read?

That I finished? I'm not sure.. was it Tina's autobiography? I'm currently reading four, including, Alice in Wonderland. 

6. What is the last live performance you saw?

Live performance? Uh ... ask me that in about a week after Victor's recital.

7. What is your favorite children's book?

Aw man! Come on! Just one? The Amelia Bedelia series, Hank the Cowdog. .. and so many others I can't remember.

8. What is your favorite typeface?

Typeface? Like font? I'm not sure ... Helvetica, Sofia, Abraham Lincoln ... 

9. Would you ever put your cat on a leash?

I'm not sure I would ever own a cat.

10. Who would play you in the movie version of your life?

Me! me! me! oh pick me!

11. Love the tourists or can't wait for them to leave?

Am the tourist. (: 


So now I tag eleven other blogs. . but I'll be rebellious and pick five, and ask them eleven questions.


1. Journey of Life


2.  Life and Writings of Sleepy Joe


3. Mama Diaries


4. These Three Girlies


5. A Life List



  • What is your favorite book?
  • Favorite color?
  • Sweet or salty (food).
  • What was one gift that someone gave you that you will always remember? (Doesn't have to be one you liked. A memorable one.)
  • What is your favorite blog post.
  • What annoys you?
  • What makes you happy?
  • Truth or Dare? ("Depends" is not an option.)
  • Did you collect anything as a kid?
  • Bath or Shower? ("Depends" is not an option.)
  • Would you ever use gel pens? Sparkly ones. 

I think that's it for now .. Have a great weekend everyone! 






18 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Why thank you for the honour, I think. Looks like I just found a topic for my weekend wonder ;-)

    I love your answers too, but then I love posts like this cos I'm just nosey!!!

    I hope you enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Nosey is good! At least sometimes ..

      Have a great weekend too, Sleepy Joe!

      Delete
  2. I love your answers and that you seem really bubbly and fun. Thanks for sharing.

    I can't wait to read people's answers to your questions... especially the one about sparkly gel pens. I have banned kids from using them in my classes because I can't stand the glitter getting everywhere and then all over my hands and then all over things I find three months later and can't remember where the glitter even came from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a. eye!

      HAHA! Sometimes I ban myself from using them ... usually last a full day or two.. (:

      Delete
  3. Oh man.....the pressure to write a blog post!!! It's 4am here. Need coffee.....since 'depends' is not an option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynn, You don't have to .. it's for fun. (: You can do it tomorrow if you'd like..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I like your responses! 8 was funny and I liked ready ? # 3 - something I wonder if I am the only one that gets stuck something writing one silly post all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, and nope..you're not alone. .. this one for example..took me all day.

      Delete
  6. Great responses! Thanks for tagging me. I'll work on it and have my responses up in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for responding Larissa! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with cold hands.
    Loved Alice and Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! Haha, and yes that random tidbit was totally inspired by yours.. :D

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the tag and here is my answers ...
    http://journeyofmylifendestiny.blogspot.com/2012/05/let-game-began.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Going to take a look right now!

      Delete
  9. I feel the same way you do re: doubting or believing in myself (#11 on the first list). I'm glad you learned you can write, because you sure can! I just don't know how you did it while taking on a full school load and homework and studying for SATs! I love that your parents call you corpse hands (or feet). Joking with your children and making fun of them lightly is super endearing.

    You didn't ask, but no on the gel pen. Nevah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffanie. (:

      No gel pens?! Ahhh!! Whyy?! ;)

      Delete
  10. Ah! How did I miss this?? Thanks for the mention! I'll write a post and answer these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Kassie! Can't wait to see!

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics