May 15, 2012

Thumbs Down. Thumbs Up.

 I keep seeing articles on "Greece's Economy" on the news. The wonderfully compassionate part of me has devised a plan to help them out ... I believe we should all just drop everything and go to Greece for two weeks. On vacation. Just two weeks, you know, because we have lives and everything and can't just live to help European economy. (Pure heart, aren't I.) Wanna come with? Anyways, it's about time for a Thumbs Down. Thumbs Up. post again!


  •  Stomach growls. My stomach is a brat. It's used to snacks, and when it doesn't get anything, it growls at me. This behavior only makes me stand my ground. Must. Not. Reward. Bratty. Behavior. 
  • First round of tests for my senior year. No.. see, I can't. Greece really needs me to help her out.. It's not like I don't want to take more tests or anything..but I have to support my friends!
  • Being afraid of taking my driving test again. Yeah, I failed it the first time, and I'm not so excited about going through one more road test.. Again, Greece needs me.
  • Water in my ear. Went swimming yesterday, can't get the water out of my ear. It's stubborn like that.
  • Distance. Between continents and countries and people.
  • Not finding the "perfect" spot for another And the Wind Blew Her Hair post.


  • The two pounds I got rid of in a week, for drowning out stomach growls with water.
  • Back to swimming. It feels good even if I'm not swimming as far as I did at the end of last season. I took a long break, and I expected it to be worse, but it was actually quite fun. 
  • The sunshine!!! Oh the lovely sunshine!!!
  • Crossing off books from my book-list. I honestly feel like each book is a big satisfying accomplishment. Really. 
  • Recitals. Victor has a violin recital in about a month..he's really excited. 
  • Glasses. Of course!
  • Greece. For neeeding me. 
  • Humphrey Bogart. 
  • All this spring talk of graduation. Makes me excited. 
And that's life for you ... 


8 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. What a great post idea! Glad you are wanting to support Greece... perhaps I should go with you instead of doing some of the other things that seem to think they are more important than helping a fellow nation out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I definitely think you should. (:

      Delete
  2. Sunshine, recitals and Humphrey Bogart: I agree! I'm also thumbs down for stomach growls. Once during an insanely quiet moment at a PTA meeting, my stomach growled so loud, everyone turned to me. I laughed and said that's what happens when PTA takes priority over dinner.....I always ate before a meeting after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That happened during my SAT too! I kept trying different things, holding my breath/ clutching my stomach/ coughing/ squirming .. nothing seemed to keep it quiet..

      Delete
  3. Oh, I want to go to Greece! Helping their economy would just be a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go to Greece if I could afford to. Great idea...Eat some yummy foods and see the sights.. Sigh...On my list of things to do sometime! Good luck with your roadtest..I had to do it twice, send time I had a great person next to me and even though my card completely stalled, she told me what do do and I just continued on..Once you have your lisc. you will be so free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah .. I know I'm dreading it now, but it'll be worth it. (:

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics