May 2, 2012

Whistler, BC.


Hello. Is it warm, and springish and sunny where you are? 
Have you taken out your spring and summer clothes?

This is what it's like where I am:


And this is what I'm wearing.


Where am I? I'm in Whistler, British Columbia. 

As patriotic and in love with Brazil as I may be, I am willing to admit when another country has astounding beauty. Like Italy's dreamy sun, or Romania's star-lit skies, and breathtaking mountains.
 ( Here and Here. )
British Columbia, Canada is no exception. It is absolutely gorgeous! 

 Whistler is a small village/ resort municipality where the ski portion of 2010's winter Olympics was held. This year, we had been putting off skiing 'til, "Dad gets back form Mexico" or "My SAT's are over" or "I'm done with this year of school" etc. etc. But Sunday, I woke up to find out that we were going skiing. This week. On Monday in fact. 

 So early [read ten to ten] Monday morning, we were driving off, three hours north. We ended up getting caught in Vancouver traffic and between that and stops to enjoy the scenery (the islands in the Pacific on one side, and mountains on the other) we arrived too late to go up the mountain and get a day's worth of skiing in. 

 Therefore, Tuesday was ski day and up the mountain we went. Up. Up. Up. 7,494 ft. Up. It was cold. It was - 4ÂșC and very very foggy, and snowy. In the village it was raining. At the base of the mountain it was raining and the snow was melting. On our way up it was raining. But as we arrived at the peak, it was snowing. We skied down. down. down. (I tumbled down. down. down.) All the way to the bottom.

We had lunch. We took photos. We took a shower. We slept like newborn babies.








(As we waited for the shuttle/bus I looked up and saw these. I'm telling you. These smiling figures are haunting me now..)

I'm pretty beat, and quite ready for bed. I will finish up our trip in tomorrow's post. But for now, that's it folks. It was a lovely trip and a welcome break. Whistler is beautiful, and I can't wait 'til next season. 

8 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking photos! Love that kind of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous post. Your words are always beautiful, Larissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The FACES are everywhere. If it's any consolation, I've been infected with that particular virus as well. :) Glad you got some skiing in. Those views are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos. I LOVE SNOW! I got a giggle out of the last caption with the buidings with the smiley faces. You're so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics