June 9, 2012

Jobs, Dreams, Passions.

Today's post is in answer of yesterday's and today's prompts: Dream Job and Five Passions. 

 My passions and my dream job(s) are somehow intertwined. I suppose that's to be expected is it not? Actually what is passion? Dictionary.com defines it as a strong feeling such as love or hate. Those are  feelings and words that are not to be taken lightly. Passions . . .

God.
Family.
Teenagers.
Words.
Actions.

 I began writing a whole post on why these are my passions and how they tie into my dream job, but it began to creep me out because it sounded like some form of autobiography and to me autobiographies and biographies mean the person is dead. Don't ask. I don't know why.

 So I'll save that post for some other day and tell you plain and clear what it is I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a housewife. That's it. That's my ambition. I dream of family, I dream of sticking it through the happy times, and through the not so happy times. . .

 But there are also other dreams, dreams I am working towards. A dream in which words are met with actions to provide help, hope, love and support for the hurting, the confused, the lost. A dream in which teens that haven't had it so easy will be given the resources, the option, the ability to reach higher and go further. In which they will be reminded that their past doesn't have to equal their future, much less do their parents or sibling's failures and pasts have to be their own.

  I have written, I have talked, I have used words. One day, I hope to be able to use actions too. I'd like to begin a mission with the sole objection of treating teens as who we are- adults in the making. We have responsibilities, but we also have the right to respect. We can and do make mistakes, but we also have to pay the consequences like everyone else does. We have potential, we have abilities, we have to use them. I want to be there to help you realize that, to help you set and achieve your goals. That's mine.

 These are dreams. These are ideas. Yet what I strive to put as number one on my list of dream jobs and passions, is whatever it is God has planned for me. Wherever He sets my eyes, wherever He opens doors, wherever He places me. I'll place God in the beginning .. and He'll figure out the ending.
 

21 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Once again, personal, beautiful and touching. The sincerity and simplicity came together perfectly through the expression of your emotions and desires. I can't wait to read your first book and I will pray that God will open the right doors for you (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous. Was Blogger nicer to you this time? (:

      Delete
  2. Hope all of your dreams come true :D Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice words and for passing by!.. (:

      Delete
  3. I'm a firm believer of knocking on a closed door, but if God doesn't open it, I'm not getting out the crowbar to jimmy it open. I wait for Him. It sounds like you've got the same plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautifully written and heartfelt. I pray all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dreams will come true! God has a plan, HIS plan may not fit what your plan is, but HE has made a plan for you for a reason! There is nothing wrong with being a wife and mother. It's a tough job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you know exactly what you want! I hope that you discover ways to specifically help the teenagers you strive to help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your candor, Larissa, and the fact that you have such clear goals. And what noble goals they are. Wishing you much happiness as you pursue them:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure you will be a success at everything you do!

    Family was what I wanted most too and is definitely the most rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah ... I am still awaiting for my dream job to come ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't wait! Go on and run after it barefoot, with wild hair, screaming and shouting.

      Delete
  10. Those are great dreams. All I ever wanted when I was your age was the same- to be a housewife. I'm very blessed that I was able to realize that dream. It's the most rewarding thing I could do.
    I know God has a plan for you, and because you are looking for/waiting for that plan, you will find it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've said it before and I'll say it again, LT. Your parents have done an incredible job raising you. I wish you were my daughter! I think you should do a post on parenting advice from your parents.

    I trained to be an architect, went through the schooling, and interning, and licensing. Worked for years and years and years at it. I've been blessed to have the last two years "off" just taking care of the kids and being a housewife, and it has been nothing but joy. It's hard for modern girls to talk about wanting to be homemakers, but it can be a wonderful experience, and also a way to take time to find out if there is something else out there you'd also like to do. Seems like you've got both angles covered. I know you will do well in anything you do.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics