June 12, 2012

Rambles and Fair-wells.

 I know! I've been MIA .. I have a good excuse though .. wanna hear it? I was sick. As in, I couldn't leave my bed because the earth would spin.. No. I wasn't drinking. Sick as in I couldn't read, write, stare at the computer, sleep or pretty much do anything but stare at my ceiling.

 The last couple of days have been absolutely beautiful outside. In the mid 20ÂșC's! ... Lovely. Except I was coughing and wheezing under covers with internal fever and a sever migraine. Blah. All better now though! Mostly .. I've just got to get rid of this silly ol' cough.

 This was all a result of not getting enough sleep. You see, we're very excited over here. As I've previously mentioned, we (mother, Victor and I) shall be taking a hiatus. (Daddy shall be taking his work with him.) For oh .. about a month. This means future posts will most likely consist of travel posts read lots and lots of pretty photographs. When I have Internet access, I shall be posting images and little updates of our trip. For the most part, however, I do believe Papa is a Preacher shall be somewhat quiet. I'll be busy doing lots of catching up. And eating. Boy will I eat. This past two weeks I've lost three kilos. Time to find them again!

 Today I've been trying to fit my whole closet into one itsy bitsy little suitcase. *sigh*  It's almost full now and ready to go. I'll add the finishing touches later on in the week.

 Before I say TTFN , however, I'd like to sorta kinda answer the last three prompts I have missed for this month. (I may or may not have sorta kinda remodeled them ..)

Five people who have influenced me and why.

My Father.

My Mother.

My Brother for being the adorable cutey cute cute that he is. For his patience with me. For his dreams and ambitions. For his optimism and believing in himself and others. If you can believe, so can I.

My Uncle, who overcame odds and even though circumstances and life got in the way of his education, became a successful entrepreneur with less than a high school diploma; then went back to school and finished his studies as well as pursued higher education. Because he's a family man. Because he's pretty cool. Because he's my uncle. He has given me advice, he has encouraged me to keep going with my education because he knows what it's like to make it without one, and he knows how much easier it'd have been with one.

 All others in my family, and every other individual out there. We all have struggles, and honestly, we're all just pretty much amazing. We're strong. We go through things. We take it. We each have what we can handle, some more than others, but we're all pretty cool. This includes you. Thank you for being in my life and influencing me.

Describe your most embarrassing moment. 


Too long of a post. I honestly can't chose between the time my wild Brazilian hand gestures while I was speaking sent a girl's paper plate flying across the cafeteria, or the time I fainted at my violin teacher's house when I was nine and all four of her brothers were in the living room staring at me when I came out of it. And then there was that other time when ...

Five pet peeves you have. 


Eating noises / Open-mouthed chewers: I just .. I can't .. *shivers*

People who don't try; who just sit in a puddle and mope and whine. Their whole life.

The Facebook feed fillers. Aw man, come on! If I wanted to see twenty-five photos of lol cats .. I would go to ihasahotdog.com. No really. I would.

Misspellings. Cruel plagues of my life.

Bad or no Internet connection. Low battery. Full camera card. Store-bought bread and cookies. You know .. serious things.

And with this lengthy post I shall leave you all until I have ample time and Internet connection. I'll be updating my Twitter more frequently, so if you tweet, I'm over @TheGirlWrites.

TTFN and don't miss me too much, I'll be back. (:

Aww man! I just remembered I haven't packed my shoes yet! How will I ever fit it into ... Aw man!

16 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Sounds like you are off on a grand adventure! Hope you have a wonderful time! I'm inspired to stop talking about our summer trip and start actually planning it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where will your hiatus be? So jealous, but excited to read all about it!! P.S. Glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely hiatus! I love how much you love your family. It's so genuine and just makes me smile. I'm glad you're feeling better. We've had that nasty crud around here, too. Take it easy and finish healing so you can thoroughly enjoy your trip.

    And, you don't need that many shoes. Just some practical ones on your feet and some silly ones in your suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I narrowed it down to just 10 .. I think it'll do for now as I do plan on buying a couple more... ;)

      Delete
  4. Have a great trip!!! Hope you are all better very soon! Oh and I hope you don't hate me since I am the worst speller ever! Thank goodness for spell check although it doesn't always save me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ann! I could never hate you! And I meant it plagues my life because I fall into its nasty ol' traps ..

      Delete
  5. Have a great trip! The vacation does you good from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had as good an excuse for my MIA-ness as you have. :) Hope I'm not too late to wish you a great trip! Can't wait to see your fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time! And may you sit next to quiet eaters on the plane. (That's one of my big ones, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! The guy sitting next to me mostly listened to music or slept. Very quiet. Thank goodness.

      Delete
  8. I hadn't realized you were sick, you poor thing! I am glad you are on the mend. I can't wait to hear about your travels, have a wonderful time with your wonderful family, LT! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics