June 4, 2012

Recitals.


 Yesterday's blogging prompt was to write about my relationship with my parents. I think it's safe to say if you've been reading this blog for a while you'll know that our relationship can be described in a few words: close, wonderful, loving. If you haven't been reading for a while, click on the Our Story tab and you'll know everything.

 So instead, I shall post about yesterday. Yesterday was Victor's first recital. He has been enrolled in violin classes for a while now and yesterday, right before his classes finish for the summer, he participated in the music school's annual recital.

 He was nervous, of course, but in the end the jitters were for nothing as he did super well.

 I apologize for the quality of the phone camera photos and the video that was cut in half. That's what happens when I hastily explain camera settings and cellphone cameras to a parent versus thorough explanation. I figured these photos and half a video were better than nothing, however.






With the other participants.



Checking out his certificate.


With his teacher, Mrs. Ulie.


He played and I accompanied on the piano. 

 That was what we were up to yesterday. I'm sure he learned a lot and the recital was a great experience for getting used to performing in front of an audience.. We had lots of fun and enjoyed it .. all of the performances were wonderful, but I might be a little biased on which one was the best..

12 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. He is almost as adorable as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he is adorable. I see why you love him so much. How great that you could accompany him. Your home must be filled with lovely music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now's the time I wonder if I should tell about how it's more like shouts of, "Who broke my lego plane" and "OUUUUUCH my foot" ...

      Delete
  3. Your brother plays the fiddle? That's super cool!! Ok, ok, I know it's called violin in classical music. It's still cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to come back later. Video isn't working and I must see (and you on piano - that will make me happy). Congrats Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* Silly silly video ...

      Delete
  5. Well done to you both! :) A musical family as well?? How lovely! How long have you been playing the piano?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kassie. It's been a while since I've had classes and have been doodling on my own, but I never really learnt more than the basics. (:

      Delete
  6. LT, you are such a renaissance lady! So nice that you played together. I dream of Stella and Oliver doing the same one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure they will. They already show great musical tendencies. (;

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics