October 15, 2012

Thumbs Up. Thumbs Down.


 Today, we're going house hunting. Again. We've scouted neighborhoods, scribbled down addresses as we pass by, spoken with a realtor, have had our first and second dates and now we've set a third. We've (and by we've I mean Dad, Victor and I) set our hearts on one or two already, but Mom is still oh so hesitant. House hunting is dreadfully full of particulars, you know. It's been a while since I've done a Thumbs Up. Thumbs Down post, and I feel I need one this week, so here we go: 


  • Summer's gone gone gone and has taken so much with it. 
  • My senior of high school. Not going as well as I thought. 
  • Blogging will get less and less frequent I'm afraid. I have no time now; I'm trying to do two days of schoolwork per day in order to finish by January. Let's see how that works out.
  • Indecision. A burden. That I'm sure of. I think.

  • House hunting. It's so much fun to dream, and stand around in the living room when we get back, each of us with objects in our hands full of things to do, but taking time to pause and engage in an exciting conversation full of dreams and thoughts of houses and fulfilling its potential the best way we can, the way we want to.
  • All the participation and support on our first Linky Party! It was awesome and I can't thank you all enough for participating and sharing. You are each amazing and with each submission you make my world a brighter place, Thank You. 
  • iBooks. Honestly, this would have to by on the Thumbs Down list too because I promise you this app will be the ruin of me. Having so many books from my book-list at my fingertips for free without having to wait for Library Hold lines is divine. I read two of Louisa May Alcott's work in five days without staying up 'til dawn or interfering with my schoolwork. Blogosphere, that's a feat I never thought possible. Have you any recommendations for books I should download?
  • Real books. Will always have first place in my heart when it comes to reading methods. I'm envious of all Americans with a thrift store in their town. When I go to the States I make a point of rummaging through thrift store book aisles. You have so many classics and books in good shape in thrift shops and used bookstores that it kind of seems pointless to buy books in bookstores (although you might catch me doing that from time to time). This time, when we came back from Virginia I returned eight books richer. We don't have it that good here in Canada. *sigh* 
  • Autumn. Although I'll always be loving Summer in the back of my mind, I can still appreciate fall. It's my second favorite season. Something, dare I say.. magical? about the winds of Autumn. There's something in the air, I'm not sure what it is, but I like it. I love the colors, the smells, the snip in the breeze, the heralding of another winter... 
Life's Good.
P.S. Please feel free to add your Thumbs Up/Down in the comments!

21 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. You have more thumbs up than down :) Good luck on the house hunting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the house hunting! Sorry I missed your linky thing. I just got your message on my blog today. Glad it was a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another one tomorrow! :D

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the house hunting! I like that you guys can dream of all the possiblities. It is rough and tiresome to move, but the good will keep you going. Senior year was hard in the beginning for me too, but when it got into full swing it was the best year ever in High School. Trust me, those years will be thought of later on in life and they will bring smiles. Thanks for inviting me to your linky party. It was my first one and got to email some great new bloggers. Fun! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating with us, Winnie!

      Delete
  4. I'm going to second the thumbs up on Autumn. My very favorite season!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous couple of months that's for sure..

      Delete
  5. Good luck on the house hunting. I enjoyed the linky party immensely. It was lots of fun!! So many blessings.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here, I love summer, but autumn is my second favorite. Now that I've pulled my coat out of the closet I can really appreciate the crisp mornings, the covering of leaves, the October sun (which has a different feel than summer sun).

    Good luck with schoolwork! That is currently a big focus in our house too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! And high-five for having such good taste in seasons. :)

      Delete
  7. Thumbs down on weather. I like 90 degrees & humid.

    Thumbs up on pumpkin pie this time of year. The best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! You like humidity! Come to Abbotsford!

      Delete
  8. Good luck with the house hunting!

    I also just wanted to say that you're one of my nominees for the Readers Appreciation Award ( http://oystercardjunkie.co.uk/blogher-nablopomo-challenge-month-reader-appreciation-award/ ) thought it was rather apt after I gate crashed your last Tidbit Thursday link up party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why Thank you! I'm flattered! I'll hopefully do a post on it this weekend! :D

      Delete
  9. A big thumbs up was participating in the link up party. Thank you so much for hosting it.
    House hunting is hard. As a mother myself I can tell you that the hard part is that as a mom you are the one who wants it to be perfect for the family, to make sure that it will be a good home. The practical things, are there enough cupboards, where will everything fit? Will everything about it pass the test of time, how hard is that to clean.... you get the idea. It makes you more hesitant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand that part.. *sigh* Oh well, hopefully we find something we all like soon! :)

      Delete
  10. Love the thumbs up/thumbs down idea. The other night I had a dream about looking at a new house and it had some sort of endless basement with a gameroom... very random right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :-) House hunting and dreaming sounds great, good luck!

    Thumbs up - I found a blogger from the place I live at your party.
    Thumbs down - This week has been an emotional roller coaster, at least there were plenty of ups in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love house hunting - what fun! And I can't believe you will be graduating in January. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics