November 12, 2012

An Award.

 My palms are sweaty; when I begin to talk I realize I also need to breath and a choking sound is produced instead of a normal person's speech. That's my usual reaction to being in the spotlight and receiving things and gifts and .. awards. Which is probably another reason it is terribly wonderful that I get to accept this award from behind a screen and you won't have to hear me choke. Or see my pajamas and fuzzy socks. I'm pretty sure that's not proper award receiving attire. But you can't see me. So you'll never know. So there.

 Sweet superwoman Tara from Faith in Ambiguity has awarded me with:


And for this, I am thankful. I like Tara and her writing and her blog very much, so I will try to not mess up this award's requirements, which I tend to do with most alarming aptitude. 

The Rules :

1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award will display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar. 
Ok, easy enough. I think I got this so far...

2. Over a period of 7 days (1 week), the Nominee shall nominate a number of readers that he or she appreciates – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be all on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as most convenient to the Nominee.
I promise to do my best to remember.

3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
Ok... I'm going to do that now. P.S. Please feel free to do what you wish with this award. If you haven't received it yet, but would like to play along, please do so! I nominate YOU! 
  1. Michelle at Buttered Toast Rocks
  2. Masked Mom at Masked Mom 
  3. Noel at Apron Free Cooking
  4. Marianne at We Band of Mothers
  5. Purple Dreamer at My Purple Dreams
  6. Ann at Doodles and Jots
  7. Maggie at Notes From Maggie's Farm
Now I answer the questions below .. and if you were nominated and/or want to play along, you can answer them too..

1) Why do you blog?
Because we move around quite a bit and leave pieces of us scattered everywhere.. I thought it'd be nice to have a place where everyone anywhere can catch up with us. Also because I fail at scrapbooking so our blog is a place where I keep photos and memories of time periods in our lives. And because I like to challenge myself to write and share what I write .. if that's what it's called.

2) If you were trapped on a desert island, what book, DVD, food, cartoon character, and childhood game would you bring?
Bible. Home Videos. Rice + Beans (Did you ever doubt my Brazilianess?) I'm thinking now's not the perfect time to ask who comes up with these questions? Um... Bug's Bunny. He'd dig a hole back to civilization. Childhood game? You mean like Cowboys and Indians? or Police and Robbers? ... yes that's what I played as kid in rural Terrell, Texas now stop looking at me like that.

3) Share a funny joke or one-liner.
Did you hear about the hyena who drank a pint of gravy?

He was a laughing stock!

bahaha I know .. I know.. too funny .. (I'm sorry .. I just .. oh nevermind.)

4) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I trust my instincts. 

5) What one word best describes you?
Child. (i.e. vulnerable, indecisive, naive, trusting, bubbly, and somewhat of a brat)

6) If you could have a lifetime supply of any candy/candy bar, what would it be?
Candied pecans. They totally count! 

7) What fictional character do you relate to most?
Unfortunately, Catherine Morland. 

8) If you were to write the story of your life, what would you call it?
"The Preacher's Daughter." ... 
Uh .. how about I cross that bridge when I get to it.. ?

Phew! That's it for tonight folks! Hope everyone has fun answering their questions; Thanks again Tara!

19 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Congratulations!! That's wonderful!! Well-deserved, and that Tara has great taste.

    Thank you so much for the nomination. As the rest of the blogosphere can attest to, I am a bad recipient. I take my award and run, completely devoid of any ability to keep track of the rules and stipulations of accepting such a gracious honor.

    I know, I know. I'm a bad blogger.

    You, on the other hand, are marvelous! Woo-hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marianne! Haha .. oh goodness .. I'm often tempted to do the same.. Totally up to you. :)

      Delete
  2. I have a really hard time following rules, but you did great here, Larissa. I knew you'd do me proud. :) Candied pecans are really, really good, by the way. And I am going to have to steal that one-liner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Larissa!! Loved reading your responses to all the questions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! And, personally, I would love to see your fuzzy socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog via the GFC blog hop! I loved reading your story of how you guys met and how you are following God's plan for your life all over the world! Congrats on the award :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you're here! :)

      Delete
  6. Larissa ... wow, not sure I'll be able to follow such a lead But I'm going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answers, the things you write and the way you answer questions makes me forget about your answer to number 5 so I'm not sure that is the best word to describe your self. How about; mature, intelligant, funny, sweet.......

    I could go on but my battery is dying, Loves xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sleepy Joe, you're too sweet. :)

      Delete
  8. Congrats and thanks for nominating me! I am receiving this award in my pj's too : )

    Love the joke and Bugs Bunny, excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, LT! I am so happy you write this little blog/scrapbook. I am still waiting for another post like the one you did with the suitcase and the railroad tracks....that was so lovely! Oh, and I guess I should get around to getting those great recipes from you one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I'm working on it Tiff! I really really am! Dreaming and everything! .. soon I'll start acting. :) Definitely! Drop me an e-mail sometime!
      the girl writes @ hotmail . com

      Delete
  10. Candied pecans...yum. And I love your number four. At your age, I was still trying to distinguish between an instinct and an impulse. Heck, some days I still am.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics