November 19, 2012

Fort Days.

This past summer Victor and the neighbors' kid made a fort out of a couple of cardboard boxes we had from our move.. and tooth picks, scraps of rope, and lots of glue gunning. 

They spent several days building it and then playing with it for weeks with their Lego men...
Now autumn is almost over and between school being back, newspaper routes to be..routed, and the cold settling in, the fort has become a bit derelict and its roof has begun to sag.. 

I decided I'd document it before its inevitable collapse to the forces of winter weather:
Frosty kept them company throughout the summer..

This fort's all cool and has computers and desks and techy stuff in the tower.. 'cause towers to hold princesses are like.. "so silly."
Robo the Robot .. {I named it..*happy dance*}

Military Truck 
{There's probably a more specialized name for this.. But I am clueless.}



Good-bye Fort Days .. 
I hope you'll come back next summer.. reminding me of my old forts .. the ones with a Repunzel named Rebecca who wore ballet slippers and rode a horse off into the sunset to capture Indians .. because yes. because childhood. because Fort Days.

24 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Wow! That is pretty complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fort! I wanna build one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! You have an architect and engineer growing up in your house!! There's a lot of detail in this fort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... I do believe you're right. *sigh* Years of engineering ahead of him .. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! They built that?! I'm really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure did! So was I to tell the truth .. :)

      Delete
  5. I remember when my sister and I would make stuff like this.. Those days..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brings back memories, doesn't it? :)

      Delete
  6. I am truly impressed. I specially like the *tetchy* stuff and keeping the princesses alike idea. Totally love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The create minds of the young! Love it! I think more parents should hide the electronics and dole out boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who needs xbox and ipads and cellphones when you have cardboard and toothpicks?!! Reminds me of the "good old days"!!!!

      Delete
  8. That is so cool and so much better than video games!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well .. we're a video game free house.. :)

      Delete
  9. How intricate! That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. IT WILL NOT FALL!!! -.- And by the way we do not have any girls except for 3 nurses(that carry a bazooka) and this girl soldier that I need to get to go back to being head nurse, they are trained to fight not scream HELP! HELP! HELP! and make my soldier's deaf, that would be annoying. :)O

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fab! Oh to have summer fort days again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I yearn for them too, Sleepy Joe!

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is one of my favorite things ever! I love all the details! I love Victor's comment on your blog...hahahahahaha! I can't wait until Stella is old enough to use a glue gun. Um, yes I can. I can wait. But this is just great, good job Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that day will come soon enough Tiffanie! Hahaha .. She and Oliver will be glue-gunning all over San Fran you just wait and see!

      Thank you!

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics