November 9, 2012

Humor Me Friday.

 Somehow in the summer blogging gets a little messy for me and it goes a little bit different than throughout the other seasons. But now that fall is back, I'm trying to get back into the groove of daily posting and am beginning to remember the things I used to do last year, such as posting short and random little things that made me smile during the week, on Fridays. Fridays are really busy at our house as we keep Saturdays .. as in we go to church and don't work etc. So Fridays are spent cleaning and cooking and preparing for tomorrow. 

 So I'll occasionally post "Humor Me Friday" posts; sometimes the "humor" part might apply to its most common definition, funny, but most often it'll appeal to it's second definition:

"to comply with the humor or mood of in order to soothe or make content or more agreeable: to humor a child."

 And here's what's been making me smile lately whether because it's silly, or because of it's brilliancy, or both:

Source
Source
You know?
Source
Source
Source
I spent too much time actually doing that on a piece of paper... 


This post by TangledLou.
and
This poem by Denver Butson

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! Stay safe ~*
P.S. Don't forget to link up! The linky party goes 'til Tuesday! :) 

23 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Thanks for the smiles today, Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm intrigued. I'm pretty sure I read the book from which the excerpt above came from, but can't place it! BTW - Love the Mary Poppins moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! If you remember please please tell! Me too!

      Delete
    2. It's from a short story called "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros. Google is my best friend. ;) (PS: A PDF version of the story is the first link that came up. It's very short and very good, in my humble opinion.)

      Delete
    3. Yay! Thanks Masked Mom! :D

      Delete
  3. So fun! Love nowhere : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely one of my favorites too! :)

      Delete
  4. I had to write that down several times singing Chim Chimney!! That was fun, and yes you did make me smile!! Love it, thank you Larissa!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Isn't it fun?! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I had to write that down several times singing Chim Chimney!! That was fun, and yes you did make me smile!! Love it, thank you Larissa!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Glad you had fun Kathy! I loved that one too! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for making me smile (this post, combined with Weird Al songs and hanging out with a new friend = awesome day!).

    Loki x

    http://oystercardjunkie.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a fun day, glad I had a part in it... :D

      Delete
  7. :-D All of this makes me smile, and giggle a little too. I so relate to the extract totally, I am 31 and still feel 18, 16, 10 and 3!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved that quote so much! :D

      Delete
  8. I also love to share things that make me smile! I love the art history picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I giggled the whole way through. And, I too, spent too much time writing that on a piece of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I love the idea of "keeping" Saturdays. I know it's an old one. We try to do that here, when many of Stella's peers are off enjoying everything the city has to offer, we often times just lock ourselves in for the day, or the whole weekend, as if we live in a forest and there is no where to be but with each other. We balance it with our life outside the home, but if you don't rest on the weekend, when can you?

    Also, that Mary Poppins equation is brilliant, will have to show Stella in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last one killed me. As I am at work, I literally wrote it about 20 times!
    great post!

    Amber
    http://ambertalmage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics