December 14, 2012

A Not So Humorous Friday.

I realize today's not a very humorous day... for many it's a devastating day and as to the event that makes this day the gruesome and saddening day it is (read about it here) I can't even find words... I can't begin to... In the words of 'the internets': "I have lost my ability to can..."
I pray for those who are mourning, I pray for those who have been affected, I pray for each of us, God help us all.. 
I wasn't going to post today's Humor Me Friday collection today, but for the sake of my own Child* who looks forward to this post every week, I will post it and hope to tug a smile or two. 

Let's start with some punny business:
Source.

Now this is everlasting love...
Source.
Now what are you going to do, hmm?
Source.

And my protest continues! I do not understand how three circles, or and x, or any of that can turn into a nose! I refuse! I protest! There's got to be a better way! There's got to be an intelligible tutorial out there somewhere!

Source.
And my personal favorite... 
Source
Hope everyone has a safe weekend..~*
*Calling my brother "my child" probably doesn't help my endeavors to clear up the fact that I am 18 and happily married to my studies any....But the fact still remains that when I say, "The Kid" or "My Child" I am really just using my brother's "pet name" if you will... The fact still remains I am not a mommy blogger, I am single, I have no kids. (Don't get me wrong, I love kids and I do dream of having my own someday...but today is not that day..nor tomorrow..nor the day after that...etc.

14 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Love the house. And I'm glad you posted. The world needs smiles, especially in the midst of tragedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting your funnies anyway. I love the house, too.
    Do you get accused of being a mommy blogger? Ha! You know what's funny? No one ever accuses me of that. Random. Perception is a funny, funny thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried everything... adding that photo of me at the top left corner, adding an explanation on the "Our Story" post... the introduction post.. doesn't work. Nope. The world is convinced Victor is my kid... I just give up... *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Larissa, I feel your pain on the drawing of a nose, hand or any other body part such as that.
    One of the problems with tutorials is they do not start at the beginning. They all start after the practice. I can make sense of this tutorial because I spent a lot of time drawing. Part of the problem is that tutorials are trying to help people draw. They never explain that what they are trying to show you is how to see. This tutorial is all about how to see noses, not how to draw them. In a simple series of pictures they are trying to show you how to see the shape, how to see the shadows and how to create the illusion of three dimensions using only marks on a piece of paper.
    Plus, it is trying to help you unlearn the symbols that comics, cartoons, coloring books, and well meaning art tutorials have taught you.
    The problem with a tutorial that would really help teach to draw noses is that a large part of the process is practice.
    While my tutorial is on hands, the same process would apply to noses.
    http://rennata.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/hands-on-drawing/



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Rennata! Going to check out the tutorial now! :D

      Delete
  4. Loving the Nokia phone one....and it's very true, roses wilt!

    We were watching the reports unfold on the news...it's devastating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sad, terrible day. But thank you for making me laugh in the midst of all of the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the posts Larissa! Friday was horrific, and I know that many are still in shock. Going to school Monday and seeing my students further drove the tragedy of Friday into my heart.

    Which is why I VERY much appreciated the smiles! Love your dog on the table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes a giggle is positively therapeutic. Especially loved the smiley house (and its clever caption). Thanks, Larissa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was a good thing for you to carry on that day with this post in this way. A hard day to know how to handle things at all. xo

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics