December 5, 2012

Liebster Blog Award.

Source

 I have to confess something. This past summer while we were in Brazil I was awarded the Liebster Award but I had no means of blogging most of the time we were there so I didn't follow through with my obligations as the awardee. When we came back home I couldn't find the comment of the person who had left the award and I sighed and left it at that... However! a couple of weeks ago Dawn from Joyful Scribbles awarded Papa is a Preacher the Liebster Blog Award! And this time, I'm taking it. :)

 Here is her description of the award and as I really don't know much about it, I'll let her explain what it is: 

" The Liebster Blog Award is an award given from bloggers to bloggers that are small to medium in size or up and coming in the blogsphere.  Liebster is German for favorite.  The award is a way to give beginning bloggers some worthy attention, make connections and let readers learn a little more about you. "

I love that! Thank you Dawn! You can read more about her here: Joyful Scribbles.

Dawn has asked me eleven questions which I will answer and then list eleven facts about myself. Then I shall proceed to award five blogs and ask them eleven questions. Because we all know I can change the rules like that! 

Here are Dawn's questions:

What is one of your favorite books?
Just one? Hmm .. well, I find much comfort in Isaiah, and Mark Twain's Innocents Abroad is still my go to book that I could read over and over and over again. No I can never simply answer that question with one book title.

What’s your favorite dessert?
My aunt Mariana's cakes. Any of them really... 

What would people be surprised to know about you?
I'm not really sure. To me everything about myself seems to be quite obvious.. But if someday I surprise you, let me know! :)

Your favorite travel destination?
Brazil. Home. Grandma's place where it's safe and far away from everything.

Favorite place to shop?
For clothes I guess.. Forever 21?

Your favorite APP for your phone?
iBooks.

What’s something you couldn’t live without or a favorite thing?
Uh. .. I couldn't live without food, water, sleep. My favorite thing is my puppy Rex. ^-^ The 17 year-old stuffy I got for my first birthday. No I'm not ashamed to say it, I still sleep with a stuffy. Problem? >:|

Favorite source for decorating inspiration?
Why Pinterest of course! :D 

Name one person who inspires you.
You. I am not kidding. You reading this. You inspire me.

What brings you joy?
Comments. New followers. Achieved goals. Hugs and Kisses. Food. Puppies. Good books. Good company. Risky adventures. Good laughs.

Favorite gift to give?
The one that makes a difference. The one that is appreciated. The one that was needed. The one with the thoughts behind it. :)

11 Things About Me:
  1. When I make to-do lists, I put the simplest most obvious things I have to do on there so I get to cross off something and encourage myself. Like.. eat lunch (check.. twice)
  2. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I have a bucket-list.. I also have a list in which I write things I've done before I died..  kind of like number one. I get to see all the cool stuff I hadn't planned on doing but did.. like being stung by a bee (check.. twice)
  3. I have had seven music teachers so far.. still can't play very well. I should probably take a hint.
  4. You know that whole "everybody learns a different way. Some are auditory learners, some visual, some kinesthetic." Yeah, I'm all three of those.
  5. My body is the absolute happiest in a dry warm climate. 
  6. I'm scared of crossing streets. There. I said it.
  7. I believe in stories.
  8. I cannot stand the taste of pure milk. I drink soy milk. Never cow's milk. Because it tastes like this: asfhasidhf;pr
  9. I make things complicated, for example, when I make a sandwich, each and every corner must be covered. Every. single. space! Which means I take at least five minutes longer than the average person to make a sandwich. I also cut the crusts off my sandwich. People naturally assume I hate the crust and will proceed to take it from my plate. They shall be stopped by my freezing glare and "What do you think you're doing? Hands off my crusts!" screech. I will then proceed to eat the crusts followed by the crustless sandwich. Don't ask why. I don't know either.
  10. I will get rid of apps I no longer use to make room for a new app because I refuse to have apps on more than that first screen on my iPhone. No it does not make sense.. much of what I do doesn't even to me.
  11. My hands and feet are always cold. Always.
The Chosen:


The Chosen Questions: 
1. A childhood memory.
2. One of your biggest fears.
3. Something you wish you knew at 18.
4. Five things you cannot leave the house without.
5. Favorite U.S. President. Why?
6. Something on your bucket-list. (Or simply something you really want to do someday.)
7. Polkadots, stripes or chevron? 
8. A place you think everyone should visit!
9. If you could change one thing about 2012, what would it be?
10. Something you like about yourself.
11. Sunset or sunrise?
(If you're like me and have trouble answering things in one sentence only, then maybe you can use the questions as blog prompts if you'd like.)

Phew! I think that about covers it! I had lots of fun answering and I hope "The Chosen" do too, however, I know we're all busy and these posts take up a lot of time so if you choose to simply accept, I'd say that's ok too. As always, I've awarded less blogs than required so if you'd like to participate, please please please do so! I'd love it if you played along! Leave your links in the comment so I can go check them out if you accept. :)

Oh! And don't forget to come back tomorrow for TidBit Thursday! :D
Thanks again, Dawn!

18 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Thanks for playing along Larissa. I loved reading the answers to your questions. I'm going to have to put Innocents Abroad on my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I just saw this now! Will definitely do a post on it tomorrow!!!! Thank you.<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! I accept! But, I will have to put it off for at least a few days, as i have some projects I have to finish! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you thank you! I've always wanted a Liebster award (well....I have since I knew they existed, they always looked impressive to me for some reason!). Totally chuffed....hence why it's today's post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D You're welcome. Know it is very sincerely awarded and very much deserved. :)

      Delete
  5. I am deeply amused by your sandwich preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! It was nice to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to find out more about what makes you you!

    Thank you for passing the award along to me :-D off to answer the questions for my link up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://themovinggirlguide.blogspot.com/2012/12/ive-been-awarded.html - Here ya go! Also, I noticed that we may have a mutual blogger! Does Hannah from "A Small Measure of Coolness" ring a bell? She's a friend of mine from Connecticut. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm going to go check her out.. and your post too! :D

      Delete
  9. I loved learning more about you! I don't like milk either by the way. I drink soy or almond milk.

    I hope everything is going well. Have a nice weekend.

    Aloha...Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five* Yay for soy and almond milk! :D

      Thanks Tania!

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics