January 2, 2013

In Which He Visits Honduras.

 This weekend we'll be having a New Year's get together with a couple of friends. I know, we'll be five days into the year by then, but during the Holidays almost nobody could make it. Some were working and some were traveling. This "some" included my father. He was in Honduras until the 30th last month. 

 He was there for a Youth Convention and since this blog's name is Papa is a Preacher, I thought I'd continues posting a bit more of what he does. Although most of his work is now office work, as I've shared before, Daddy does do a bit of traveling for his job. Less now than before, but he's still away for certain meetings and events.

Daddy preaches, baptises, marries, buries, dedicates, etc. 
At youth conventions he holds counseling sessions, Q&A workshops, gives lectures, and more.
 These trips aren't vacation-like. Most of the times it's days worth of travel, sleepless nights, different foods to get accustomed to, water to be wary of, long hours of speaking and even more listening and counseling. But every time he comes home and tells us stories and we laugh, he says the same thing. "It was great to be there with them; it was worth it. It was a blessing." 

11 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. What beautiful pictures Larissa! My name is Kelly, and I'm dropping by from The Great Blog Train! I am also I think your newest blog follower. I loved reading the story about your family. It is really so dear and romantic. Your father has quite a responsibility. What a blessing it must be for him to share the love of God with people all over and to be there to see hearts turned toward Jesus and lives changed. It is quite a sacrifice for all of you, but surely a blessing. I pray that you and your family will get the chance to really enjoy the upcoming celebration of new year together.

    Blessings

    Kelly at http://heresmytakeonit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is doing great work. And the pictures are incredible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so lucky to have such an inspirational father. He is truly a blessing to others and to have you to share his work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see you admire you dad! I think that is great. I feel the same way about my dad : )
    I love the murals in this church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Pictures! Found you on NaBloPoMo Soup. Your dad is doing great work, and I'm sure he's instilled in into you as well. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inspiration. Thank you for sharing - you must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How inspiring! The photos are gorgeous! -Marci

    Thank you for linking up to The Great Blog Train!
    Angie@godsgrowinggarden.com
    Marci@stonecottageadventures.com
    Helen@blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What amazing pictures, and your father is such an inspirational person!

    Happy New Year Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures! What blessings your father brings to so many people!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics