January 22, 2013

The Information Fog.

 Yesterday was Monday. Mondays scare me. Because as you know, everything happens on Monday. Yesterday, I was scared of panicking. Yesterday I had to drive to school. School. Where there are extreme expectations and judgmental grades and astounding amounts of information. ..

 Yesterday was Monday. Yesterday was foggy. Driving in dense fog was on the great list of things I have never done. As I do most things on that list, I approached it with a good dose of hesitance and apprehension.  

 Know what I found out? It happens to not be that scary. If you remember to take it one 1/2 mile at a time – if you keep your attention on the block of road right ahead, if you keep your eyes on what you can see, if you don't focus on all the blur that you can't make out – it's actually quite possible to get through!

 So I've resolved this to be my take on what one of my Professors call, "the Information Fog". I'm going to take school and papers and grades one day at a time.. and when that gets too much, I'll take it a half day at a time, a class at a time, a breath at a time. I have a tendency for worry, for panic attacks and "freaking out" sessions. But I'm tired of those. 

 I'm keeping my attention on the block of road right ahead, I'll keep my eyes on what I can see, I won't try to grasp the blur that I can't make out. I won't worry about the big picture, I'll take care of what I can chew right now. And you'll see. Turns out I can get through a school semester after-all. (:

One day at a time, sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you
Give me the strength to do everything that I have to do
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine
Help me today
Show me the way
One day at a time.




P.S. OH MY WORD WE HIT 100!! 
Thank you guys so much! 
All of you make my day super special and brighter and THANK YOU!

5 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. That is such good advice for all us worriers!

    Congrats Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you say is so true it's the only way to handle things one little bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Focus is a good thing. Speaking of which- LOVE the new glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day at a time is always a good thing! You're an inspiration, Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here it is anohter Monday, and you popped into my head. Hope it is a good one for you! It is a snowy rainy mess here. UGH.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics