January 5, 2013

Today There Was Music.

 Last year was a year of meeting deadlines in order to meet other deadlines; a year full of items that demanded being crossed off a must-do list. A year that left me gasping for breath. A year that's now over. Last year didn't give me enough time to sit down and write expectations, resolutions or goals and deadlines for this new one. So I'm enjoying the breathing time. I've decided on not stressing about the expectations, resolutions or goals and deadlines for this new year, wanna know why?

 Because today... today there was music, there was laughter, there were jokes, there were stories shared, there were moments of gratitude and thankfulness. Today there was company, and talking, and playing and eating–lots and lots of eating. Today there was a baby in the house, and he laughed and smiled, and all's right in the world when babies laugh.

 Today, our odd assortment of friends and acquaintances in Abbotsford got together and spoke of the year that has gone by and welcomed the year that is now before us. And while I sat there, and listened to each one get up and thank God for His blessings, then thank us for hospitality and friendship, I was humbled. I don't love easily. I am ashamed to say it, but it's true. I don't have the open heart and agape love I should. I work at it, I pray for it, and oftentimes I fail. But today, there among our group of the most varied and random characters, with our broken Englishes and tens of clashing cultures, I felt proud too. Proud to be part of this crazy array. Proud to call them my friends. Proud we're all part of a big family. Proud that for the most part, we make it work.  We forgive each other, we laugh together, we cry together too. As one of us mentioned, "We're all His children, and that's all that matters."

 So we brought in the new year with good food, stories, thankfulness, music and laughter.
Photobucket



And you know what? I'm done planning and worrying and "deadlining" for this year ahead.. wanna know why?
Because today... today there was music, there was laughter, there were jokes, there were stories shared, there were moments of gratitude and thankfulness. Today there was company, and talking, and playing and eating, lots and lots of eating. Today there was a baby in the house, and he laughed and smiled, and all's right in the world when babies laugh.
So from our little corner of craziness, Happy New Year!

6 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. What a beautiful blog and family you have. I love your heart for the Lord!

    Just found your cute blog through the Blog Hop - so excited to follow along and read more. Now following you via GFC! :)

    XO

    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos and moments, Larissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gathering and celebration of what is important. Love the photos. (Looks like a lot of yummy food too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you, Larissa! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks so good! And it looks like the rest of the celebration was pretty fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today there was writing by Larissa, the writing that is so mature and beautiful that it smacks me in the heart. That makes for a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics