February 10, 2013

PolkaDots and Mint.

 Every once in a while I may post an outfit post, and you will notice, I shall probably fit into the "Modern Fashion Bloggers". I wear skirts. Every day. To school. To the grocery store. Everywhere. And I don't mean mini's .. I mean down to the "proper" "old-fashioned" "prudish" and occasionally "matronly".  

 Girls that wear skirts, are just as prone to fall into the "jeans (skirt) and sweater" rut. And believe me, if I wore pants, sweats and baggy sweaters would be my all time uniform – which is another reason I'm beyond thankful for always wearing skirts. It gives me that push to dress up every day. 

 My first four-day-week of school ended with a total of a compliment each day. Sweatpants and baggy sweaters might not have. Compliments make me feel good. What?! They do! I admit it! 

 Every once in a while, I shall document my failures and scores here.  I'm no fashonista and I don't pretend each of these posts will be all that great, but I put thought into my outfits, so, why not share them with you?! 

 To kick this off, here's a taste of polka-dots, boots, messy hair, and mint.


Skirt - ForeverXXI
Top - Smart Set
Belt - from another top from Urban Behaviour
Boots - Breckelle's via Burlington
Hair Clip - Shabby Apple
Tights - good ol' Walmart
Glasses - Firmoo

Yes! Posing in my backyard is awkward, but I hope to get better at it and have some more natural-looking photos in the future! Bear with me? I'll get there!


37 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. You have a wonderful sense of style! I am a jeans & t-shirt girl myself, and don't often take the time I should in putting together my wardrobe. You just might inspire me to give it some thought! ;)

    BTW, I love the back yard pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamara! :D I'm glad I did then. (:

      Delete
  2. You are just adorable! Love your sense of style. It I love your skirt, I am so short I can't wear long ones as they become gowns. The flower in your hair is a great touch!! Keep being you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie.. I'm just 5.5 so lots of long skirts look kind of ridiculous on me, but I wear them anyways.. haha.

      Delete
  3. LOVE that skirt! super cute XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Not matronly at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you look prudish at all! I love this outfit. Polka dots are one of my weaknesses :D You put everything together perfectly!

    www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Polka dots are great! Thanks A.Michelle! (:

      Delete
  6. I love the shape of that skirt! I'm going to have to look into it myself...Cute outfit all together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fun skirt! How long ago did you buy it?

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chandra! It wasn't too long ago.. but I think it was last summer...I tried to look for it on Forever21 online, but it's not showing up anymore. :(

      Delete
  8. Adorable! I want the entire outfit. And, I think it's great that you wear skirts everyday. I love skirts,though I'll admit I don't wear them as much in the winter. (And, I wear sweats way too much!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jewels. (:

      Wear skirts more often with me! :D

      Delete
  9. Adorable boots! I LOVE the boots! You've inspired me. I wore a dress to work today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE my boots too. SO comfortable! They're all I wear now..haha..

      YAY! Dresses ftw!

      Delete
  10. so cute! so glad I stumbled upon your blog! new follower :)

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saralyn! Glad to have you! (:

      Delete
  11. I'm not a good person to ask. I wore flannel shirts and jeans for my entire college career. That said, I think you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE FLANNEL SHIRTS! :D
      You'll probably see some around here..
      Thanks Marianne!

      Delete
  12. Hey Larissa!!! Cuuuute skirt!!! I discover4ed your blog on Helen's page!!! Its SINGLE'S week on mine so come check it out!!! ClassicMaryMoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wear skirts daily too, even when it's not a work day. On vacations, I've been known do a dressing room change in the car, from skirt to capris to go on a hike, then back to my skirt. I find skirts and hiking aren't really buddies! Your outfit is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skirts ftw! (: I know... trust me.. I've been hiking in a skirt.. not the best ... Thanks Michelle! (:

      Delete
  14. I have soooo got stuck in the jeans and jumper rut now that is is acceptable to wear such things at work! You look gorgeous, I wish I could look as good you in skirts! That said you have inspired me to at least attempt a little variation!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh psh.. you look great in skirts.. I just know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice boots and skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very arty! You have amazing hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much, Anne! :)

      Delete
  18. You're doing a good job with the posing already! I remember your first fashion-y post with the gloves and suitcase near the railroad tracks, it was great. Love these posts!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics