May 15, 2013

If I Had...

This post is a continuation of my comment on Jewel's post today on Frazzled & Frumpy: Click Here.

If I had one-hundred million dollars I would own a cheetah and call it baby. I would be "Bringing Up Baby."

And if I had one-hundred million dollars I would buy a bunch of Abercrombie & Fitch clothes and donate it to everyone in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. 

If  I had one-hundred million dollars I would never go to a job interview again, and I would never have to write résumés or cover letters, or bite my nails and have mini heart attacks every time my e-mail received something or the phone rang. 

If I had one-hundred million dollars I would take every class that I wanted to take in school even if they had nothing to do with my major.

And if I had one-hundred million dollars I would buy someone's textbooks and pay their tuition because education is so very expensive.

If I had one-hundred million dollars I would pay for braces and contacts. I would get a pretty little car that would get me from point A to point B.

If I had one-hundred million dollars I would buy books and books and books and more books. And I would publish every book I liked even if publishers thought they shouldn't be published. I would because I would have one-hundred million dollars.

If I had one-hundred million dollars I would visit my grandparents at least twice a month and would bring my cousins here for their summer vacation.

If I had one-hundred million dollars I would sit in coffee shops and observe everyone who came in. I would write about whatever took my fancy without worrying about homework, or work, or chores.

If I had one-hundred million dollars I would read and read and read.

If I had one-hundred million dollars I would be rich in green paper. But I have so much that cannot be bought with green paper. In fact, I am quite certain that if I stopped to count, I would have at least one-hundred million things that cannot be bought with green paper. But I can't take that much time now because I have things to do and places to be. And that, that right there can be number one of the things money can't buy–the feeling of genuinely being needed and expected.

What would you do if you had one-hundred million dollars?

6 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. I love your "Bringing up Baby" reference. And it's always frustrated me that classes cost too much that I couldn't afford them unless directly needed for my major. There are so many classes it would be simply fun to take! But you're right--the most important things in life we already have, without the one-hundred million dollars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you caught that. ;) Right? If frustrates me too! I have to gather my pennies to take the mandatory classes and yet can't take the classes I want to take.. *sigh* It's life.

      Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the Abercrombie and Fitch idea! And the classes. I'd love to take classes just to take them, and not worry about graduating (or grades).

    I think we're very rich that we recognize what we have (without the money). That's wealth in itself.
    (Thanks for the link-up!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books, books, and more books!! That is my idea of a great way to spend the green pieces of paper! :)

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Mine too! Thanks Tamara. :)

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics