May 1, 2013

Projects.

  The first day of May marks the first day of my four months without school. While I do have plenty of things to accomplish in these four months, blogging is very close to the top of my list. 

Yesterday I updated our Facebook page (go like go like go like! Please?!) and I was reminded of how much I truly enjoy social media and blogging, but you see, the thing is that although I love my blog and I do blog for me, I also want to blog more for you. So while there will be random posts of just Larissaness, I'd love to know what you would like to see more of on Papa is a Preacher. 

I've mentioned a couple of projects before so I'd like to update you on two of them:

Love Stories: The project in which I would go to nursing homes and interview residents about their love stories. 

  I still think that every love story is beautiful in its own way, that each story deserves to be heard, and I also still believe that these stories should not be allowed to be forgotten once their main characters are no longer with us. I have been calling local nursing homes since January but have met with nothing but resistance. I thought that it would be easy to schedule a time to come in and spend time with residents, to talk to them about their lives, however I have no been allowed to do so. Excuses are given, such as "You will upset the residents," or no explanations offered, "Not at this time, but if something comes up we'll let you know." Anyways, I haven't given up but I have realized this will be much more complicated than I expected. I will have to gather these stories from people that I know when I see them.

Editorial Photo-shoots: Another shoot like And The Wind Blew Her Hair.
The days are finally sunny again. I must choose a location and get on it. Please feel free to nag me.

I've added a poll to the sidebar, right up there on the left. There are six options and yes you may pick more than one, but it'd be much more helpful if they didn't all have the same amount of votes. 
The options are kind of self explanatory but I've detailed them below:

Sunday Style: More modest fashion posts like this one.
Recipes: Vegetarian recipes, health tips and tidbits on a vegetarian and healthier lifestyle.
Devotionals: More devotional posts like this one.
DIY: I'm not all that talented in this area, but I try. More posts like this one.
Editorial Photo-shoots: More posts like the aforementioned "And The Wind Blew Her Hair."
Other: If you remember a post that I've done in the past, or you would like me to post about something new or something that I haven't included in the poll, please let me know! I'm craving feedback on this, and your help will be so greatly appreciated. Just leave a comment in any of the posts (I read all comments even if I don't answer them right away).

Please take a second to vote and let me know what you'd like to see here. Thank you already. :)

Blessings,

11 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. I 'went like'-ed your Facebook page, Larissa. And I love your post here. How fabulous to have four months without school. I'm sure they'll go in a flash, but I hope you really enjoy them. As to what to post: I'd vote for 'all of the above'! I know, not helpful. Still... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, and welcome! :)

      I plan on enjoying every minute!

      Delete
  2. I love editorial photo shoots. It gives those of us who write such a great set aside time to "think differently." I am here from NaBloPoMo and I bet you can get some great shoots done. Right now, I know this sounds weird, I am taken with this corner lot in a spot near my daughter's school (which we call a ghetto school for a reason!) This corner lot has become inhabited by shopping carts of every color. Today, there was a new one there - a greenish yellow. This means tomorrow morning, in the gorgeous morning light, I will go back and shoot some more photos.

    Like I said, some people might find this strange... just can't imagine why!

    So great to know you, just the tiniest bit, today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I love it too! I would love to check that photo-shoot out it sounds lovely!

      Great to get to know you too, Julie. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your idea of writing down love stories--I've always said that the love stories that I've heard from real life couples are a million times more interesting than any I've read in a romance novel. That's too bad that you've gotten such a chilly response. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And yes it is too bad, but I'll find a way. ;)

      Delete
  4. I love love love the love story idea! I am a little shocked that you are getting the cold shoulder from the nursing homes. My Mom was in an Assisted Living Center for awhile and she would concur that many of these people would LOVE to have someone to talk to. It would be great stimulation for their mind and give them something to look forward to. Maybe the people you are talking to are nervous about liability issues (what is she going to do with the info, what if the family objects, etc.) Maybe if you volunteer to do "something else" with the residence and then when you are there bring the topic up with the residence. just some random thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked too! And disappointed, I have to admit. I suppose that may very well be it. I have thought of doing that and will look into it more, thanks for the idea. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the love story idea! Don't give up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a fun idea for a story. Seniors love the company and would probably love to share their stories. If the identities are kept private, I don't see much of an issue.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics