June 17, 2013

Let's Keep In Touch!

     Hello everyone! So ... Google is changing this whole thing up and we'll no longer have our Google Reader (for me that's when I'm on my dashboard and scroll down to see all the new posts y'all have to share.) Yeah, that's going away. Shall we take a moment of silence?

     Anyways, everyone is trying to come up with a good way to keep in touch. Well, Papa is a Preacher is basically everywhere. We're on Twitter (I post links when a new post is published), Facebook, and you can get us in your inbox! But we're also on BlogLovin' (and a few other places). 

     BlogLovin' is kind of like one big Google Reader website. You log in and and up pop all the blog posts you've yet to read. Yeah, it's cool like that. You mark the ones you've read, the ones you've favorited, and you can make categories! Fashion blogs, food blogs, random blogs, "must-read-I-love-these" blogs. You get the idea. 

     If you want, BlogLovin' will send you an e-mail a day with all of the posts from the blogs you follow. It's pretty neat. For followers it's a great way to keep track of all the blogs you enjoy!

     But what if you follow tons of blogs? Ain't nobody got time to go look for them all on BlogLovin', right? Well, with this tutorial you can sync all of the blogs you have on Google Reader onto BlogLovin'! 

First things first. You're signed into your own Blogger account, right? Just making sure! Now login into (or make–super easy) a BlogLovin' account too. (P.S. If you don't have a BlogLovin' and create one, you don't even need this tutorial. Just make a BlogLovin' account and when this page comes up:
Click on Import from Google Reader, follow the directions on the screen and let it do its thing. ;)

If you're  already on BlogLovin' here's how to import all of the blogs you read onto BlogLovin'.

Scroll over your lovely profile photo to get a drop down menu like so and click on settings:


Now scroll down....no further...all the way down to the bottom of the page! Until you see this:
This is the part where you hear the angel choir going "Ahhhhhhh"...because BOOM! You've found it.

Click on "Import Blogs" and it'll take you to this:
And you will immediately click on Google Reader. (Because who even knows what OPML/XML is?)

Now follow the directions on the screen 
Seriously... What did I just say in the last window? *sigh* Click on Import from Google Reader to assure it that it is doing the right thing,
Reward its politeness by accepting. (Click Accept), and now just sit back and let the site do it's own thing.
And voila! You will be redirected to your newsfeed where you may scroll down and see all of the blogging sweetness you will be missing from your Blogger Dashboard in two-three weeks!
Make sure Papa is a Preacher is there! Click here and follow us on BlogLovin'. :) Hope the tutorial helped, and I know I'm not very good at explaining things so if you have any questions, just leave a comment and I'll try again. :)

Follow on Bloglovin
Follow on Bloglovin

And while you're at it... you know.. if you're feeling generous and all, why not like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Pinterest! :D

2 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Larissa I love you!! I have been in a little bubble for a while now and even though I have been a bad blogger lately I still want to keep up with what everyone is doing! I didn't even know Google was changing!! Time for me to go back to sleep I think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm glad it was of help! :D

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics