July 2, 2013

Canada Day Parade.

     Yesterday was July 1 and that means yesterday was also Canada Day–the Canadian equivalent of July 4th in the US. Abbotsford had a parade to commemorate and we went out to see it. Yesterday was also hot. Quite hot. Very very hot. Which means I'm finally getting a tan. *squeal giggle wiggle jump up and down*

In the parade there were Police Officers:
Air Force Cadets:
Firefighters (And cute Beetle Fire Rescue cars..Abbotsford is also a big lover of antique cars. And trucks.): 
And an Ahooga car. Um. It didn't really do hills..
The "I Love Abbotsford" float...
Rodeo girls:
Wild West Orchestra:
The S.W.A.T. vehicle. (S.W.A.T. standing for Spiritual Weapons And Tactics.):
Abbotsford is a "City in the Country" and all around it are farms, ranches and more farms. 
So there are plenty of horses:
And berries:

There are a couple of lakes here too:
And Abby's hockey team, the Abbotsford Heats:

Bye-bye balloon!
Canadian-Korean Youth Society:
The Valley's University:
Oh look! It's Agápe Bridal from the blog's sidebar and interview post. :)
It's the band!:
And a DeLorean :D : 
Happy Canada Day everyone!
What did you do for Canada Day? What are you doing for the Fourth of July?

10 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Glad to see you had a Happy Canada Day! I just love parades, and yours looked fun! I love the hometown atmosphere it had! I love the giant blueberry! The 4th is Thurs, and I am having a small bbq with hubby and his dad. It is a practice run for the big one on Sunday when I am hosting for my Jane Austen group to celebrate my bday. The hubs will help cook and eat and then probably retreat to his man cave inside...9 cackling hat wearing ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super hot day but we got to enjoy the parade and fireworks later. :)
      That sounds like a perfect way to spend a holiday! Happy Birthday, Winnie! :) OH! Will they be Jane Austen era hats?! :D So envious!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun. Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and we did, thanks Brandon. :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like a good time! Parades are strange and wonderful things aren't they?

    I feel kind of guilty, I didn't do much at all for Canada Day. But sometimes it's nice to just hang out at home. :)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes they are! And true.. sometimes that's the best way to celebrate. :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome photos as always, Larissa. There's something so warm and fuzzy about small(ish) town parades. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Masked Mom! All I know is that the smaller the town, the closer and easier I'm able to get photos! haha

      Delete
  5. Aww! That looks like a really fun parade! I like the float with the wedding dresses! I went to our small town's parade on the 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was one of my favorite floats too. :)

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics