July 10, 2013

TidBit Thursday.

As you're reading this I might just be in the airplane that's passing over your town (assuming you live anywhere on the way from Vancouver to São Paulo.)Off to grandma's house again. I'll try to keep posting the linkups for you faithful few who keep coming back and linking up. I'm not sure you all understand just how much I appreciate every link left on here.I thank you, I love you so much and you are my favorite forever. That being said, I do have to again mention that I don't always have internet access in Brazil, so I might not be able to post the link up or other posts on the exact days I usually do (Sunday Style, Humor Me Friday). But I'll try to keep posting because once we get back, the hectic schedule returns with even more things to juggle. So for now, hasta la vista! (I know that's Spanish, but I'd like to take this moment to point out that Brazilians speak Portuguese. Not Brazilian and definitely not Spanish. We love Spanish. But we don't speak it. Just thought.. you know.. I'd put that out there because tomorrow the lady on the flight will inevitably do the announcements in Spanish or a mutilated Portuguese (which I appreciate because they're putting effort into it). Anyways, while we're gone, here are a couple of posts you might have missed: Berry Fest; Canada Day Fireworks, Canada Day Parade. See you again soon! :) 
BLOG TITLE

BLOG TITLE


BLOG TITLE

5 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. From what I've heard, Spanish-speaking people can semi-read Portuguese and have a good guess at a lot of the meaning, but they'd have no idea how to speak it. One time, Angel and I went to someone's house and they said, "We have a game, and all the words are written in Spanish, so we should play it with you guys!" As we looked at the game, I was like, "Yeah, that's not Spanish." The words had different letter combos that Spanish doesn't use...and Angel said, "I'm pretty sure that's Portuguese." :P Oh well, I guess to some people, if it's not English, it's "Spanish."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels my friend. I remember when I first stared reading your blog and it was the first time I learned that Portuguese was the language of Brazil. I am a LOT older than you, and had no clue. Learned lots about the world this year of blogging. When I traveled to Paris, I tried my best to speak French (what I remembered from High School many decades ago!). I found people so thrilled that I tried at least, then they spoke to me in English, and even helped me with my very poor French. Enjoy your visit with your Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your travels and be safe. May God go with you!! So delighted that I have found you on the internet.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my day going to Grandma's meant a boring hour drive in the car. I can't even imagine how long a flight Vancouver to Brazil is. I am sure you will have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Larissa! You have won my giveaway! I tried to contact you through your e-mail, but you must have changed it, because my e-mails weren't going through. If you are interested, I'll need your full name and address so I can know where to send the bag. Thanks for entering!

    www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics