August 31, 2013

Generations.

Might I share with you a little of what I love? A little of why my heart aches to go back to Brazil as often as possible? This..
Some of my mother's uncles, my grandfather (farthest right), daddy, and mother's brother in law and brother (farthest left and third from left to right respectively.) This was on the Brazilian father's day hence the photos of all the dads.
This is Lucinda. She and my mother were friends during second grade and after that year they hadn't seen each other since. Lucinda continued living in the same town they grew up in and mother left to accompany dad all over the place where his job took him. Then this year after 38 years apart they were finally able to meet again and catch up. It was pretty sweet and so very cool! :)
So many aunts, uncles, cousins (and a big part is missing because people were passing by all day, the pictures register those that stayed around for photos).
My grandparents and their two daughters.
Family reunions - I'm lovin' it. 

Did you have time for family reunions this summer? When do you usually get together? Do you think it's a pain or do you enjoy it? Enjoy it for those of us who wish we were close enough to have reunions more often, please!

5 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. What wonderful family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your heart aches for your homeland-home family. Your photographs are muy bonita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Loved "meeting" your family and special friends. We don't have a large extended family, but my immediate family is large as I am one of 6 sibs. Now, 5 out of 6 are married, and there are scores of kids etc. We are not all together often as some moved far, but large groups of us are still close enough to do holidays and stuff together..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We normally have a reunion every summer. This year was my parent's 50th anniversary, so we got together, just them and their kids (and spouses). It was fun, but we're definitely looking forward to next year and getting together with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such warmth and love shines through those photos!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics