September 22, 2013

Visit to Rede Vida Studios.

Uncle D. he's so cute.
Studio whose name I forgotted.
As I mentioned in my last post, my super fabulous uncle let me tag along with him as he and a couple of his coworkers spent an afternoon in São Paulo in two TV studios in order to promote a new line of health products. I was able to get a peek at behind the scenes work and "ahhhhh" it was thrilling. (Communication students get easily excited by this stuff.)

I got to stand behind the crew and before that I got to sneak around the host's studio and stare at everything. It was pretty cool. I'm a curious person, so to be able to have the whole room for me to look around and discover was pretty exciting.

 
What did I get from the experience? So much, but here are 10 things that you might already know but were confirmed to me during my visit:

1. TV people are super busy.

2. TV people are people. They are super people, but still people.

3. TV studios are amazingly versatile. One medium-sized studio can become six sets.

4. There might be a lot of glamour on TV but behind the scenes it's simply a lot of hard work.

5. Some people are born to be on TV–born to arrive and host.

6. Others are born to crack the whip and keep everything going on time and on schedule.

7. Others are born to provide what the host will say, others to film, others to answer phones and e-mails and others to watch. Thing is, everyone has their part.

8. What happens to all the food that appears on TV as props? It goes out into the hallway with little plates and anyone passing by can take some. So you can walk down the hall and boom! fresh fruit banquet. Nom.  

9. Trays with wheels. Lots of them. All the time. Everywhere. When one comes in another goes out to get set up and then it goes back in and switches places with the other tray and so on.

10. TV is an incredibly fast paced environment. Not only is everything timed and things must air, start and stop on time, but the content that is presented has to be content that will only be discovered next week, however the media has to be onto it already.

Have you ever visited a studio? Are you in the TV business or know someone who is? Would you agree with my 10 things or did I miss something?

4 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Sounds like a very special special time for you with your uncle. Great behind the scenes look! I see a lot of performers (local ones) as my hubby does local theatre, and the work that goes into the finished product is amazing, and when good, it all looks so seamless. My hubby tells me stories about being "extras" in films and all the long long hrs and boredom he had and other interesting stories. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great experience for a communications student! Tell me, where do you see yourself in the mix? Which part of the process appeals most to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Thanks for taking us along on your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I would love to visit a tv studio, but I never have! I bet it was really interesting to see everything that goes on and how it all works together to create a show!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics