October 4, 2013

An Affair With Autumn.

I love you, summer. But autumn and I have had this date with each other from the beginning.
(You get a cookie if you catch that reference.)

In autumn I surround myself with deep people and deep books. It's a time of depth, to create roots to last through the winter and its gloomy days.

Another very autumn-like morning!  *sigh* While I'm not sure I'm ready to say good-bye to summer just yet, I know I'm ready to say hello to autumn.

There's something so magical about seeing leaves flutter towards the earth. I'm not sure there's a word to describe the feeling, but maybe that's the beauty of words–sometimes they're not enough to capture our feelings. 

Autumn is the absolute perfect season to have schoolwork. It keeps you busy so you don't get too depressed because of the darker days, and what better weather to curl up with chunky textbooks than weather for bulky sweaters, scarfs and socks and hot beverages with cookies? 

Autumn means I can finally stand my laptop on my lap again. And if we're being honest, use it as a lap warmer too. Admit it. You do it too.

3 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Autumn is my favorite time of year. It is still very warm here though for Fall, so I am wanting the cooler nights etc. My hubby gets the blues this time of year because of the dark coming earlier and he is "waiting" for winter. We went to farms stands this week on vacation, and stocked up on all things apple! Apple cider donuts for breakfast today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling bummed at the ending of summer, but after reading your post, I started thinking of scarfs and walks in the darkening evenings, kicking leaves as we go....and yes, I'm ready now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am personally ready for summer to be gone! Last night the first cool front of the season blew through and I was in heaven!! Of course, this being East Texas, that means the temps dropped into the 60's overnight and are expected to be in the 80's today. Of course that beats the 90's and 100's of the past few months! :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics