September 19, 2014

Hummus in 3 Easy Steps: A Recipe.



Lately mother and I have been brainstorming about different things for me to take to school. I need to take a lunch, snack, dinner (some days all of the above) four days of the week, so we try to keep it interesting. 

This week I had a craving for hummus. Mom cooked some chickpeas and put some aside for me to later experiment with and find a recipe and consistency I liked. 

Usually when we make hummus we blend it in the blender and need to keep adding water for it to blend properly, but then the consistency becomes more of a dip than a spread.

This time I experimented using the blender without adding so much water, but it didn't work.
I tried the food processor. Still no luck.

I resorted to mashing the chickpeas with a fork, and voilĂ ! 

Perfect for topping crackers, spreading on a sandwich or adding to a veggie wrap!

I'm glad to share with you this three step hummus recipe! Enjoy and tell me what you think!

Ingredients
2 cups chick peas canned or cooked
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 fresh garlic clove 
Cayenne pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Sun-dried tomatoes to taste

Directions
1. Drain the chickpeas, but reserve some of the water.

2. Either blend all of the ingredients in a blender, or in a medium bowl mix ingredients with a fork. Add water until you have reached the desired consistency.
(This step really depends on the consistency you want the hummus to have. I opted for a very thick and dry hummus so I mashed the chickpeas with a fork and added a few Tbsp. of water. If you blend it in a blender you will most likely have to add more water.)

3. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with crackers, fresh veggies or use as spread in a sandwich or veggie wrap!

Enjoy!

2 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. I have never made my own! Thanks for sharing this. I will give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it! I think you’ll like and it’s super easy :D
      Let me know what you think.

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics