December 16, 2014

Post 2: Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge

Earlier this week when we were on our way to Brazil, I was in the lounge waiting for our flight and came up with a few things I would say to everyone traveling this holiday season. While some of these ideas are mostly applicable to those flying, others can also be useful no matter how you're traveling.



1) In order to sleep a bit on the plane unfold your table tray, plump a sweater on it, sit as far back in your seat as possible, lay your head on the tray and pray the person in front of you doesn't lean their seat back and snap your head into your neck.

2) Wear comfy clothes and have an extra outfit in your bag. There are folks who, whether it's for business or personal reasons, look amazingly put together and beautiful on the plane.

And then there's me...


just casually wearing a blanket around the airport. 
(Ok, so technically it's a super comfy flannel shirtdress, but it really looks like a flannel blanket.)

I tried traveling fancy once. But then my circulation was cut off and fifteen hours inside a plane is uncomfortable enough. Besides, things happen when traveling. Flights are delayed causing you to sprint from one side of the airport to another (not always comfortably done in heels); luggage is lost or delayed; and airplane temperatures vary from Antarctica to the Sahara Desert. 

So unless you've found the exact balance of comfy and elegant, comfiness always trumps looks. Besides, if you're worried about how you will look when you reach your destination, it is always a good idea to take an extra outfit to change into. Even more so because if you have a connecting flight, if your bag doesn't make it to your destination you will at least have two outfits.  

3) Water. Drink lots and lots and lots of it. Skip the carbonated and caffeinated drinks and ask for water.



4) I also recommend essential oils to relax. I'm not an expert by any means, nor do I use them religiously. But this time we traveled there was someone in a row or two behind me using essential oils and it relaxed me even if it was just the smell. Lavender is one of my favorites.


5) Get in the right frame of mind. Do what you have to do to get to the point where you realize that everything is going to be alright. It is the holiday season...There will be lines. There will be screaming children. There will be full flights, delays, surprises, stressed out airline workers, and maybe even a bit of turbulence. But you'll get there, and it'll be all worth it. So try not to stress. How much stress you experience really can be up to you.



What would you add to the list?

1 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. Your flannel shirt dress reminded me of my daughter! When she flew to France, comfort was her #1 priority.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics